Friday, April 24, 2020

Scales and Chairs

Scales I purchased with gift from a blogger. Of course, after saying this style would help him get onto the scales, and I purchased them, he informed me he would rarely use them. Well, I think he will since he needs to keep his weight down and it is up a bit. I don't know why he is like this!

This site offered me free shipping if I used their site to order things on their site. Plus, I could get 5% back from purchases from other sites. Catch? It will cost me $14.95 with first month free trial. I marked my calendar when a month is up. I will cancel.

We need chairs for the yard, front and back. Maybe Lowe's will have them on sale for Mother's Day. He told me upfront he would not sit in them if I bought them. ??? Remember I had three benches, 4 chairs, and two swings in my yard so I could sit without walking too far?

And, I had three round tables and a picnic table. One table was where I sat with my chickens. The other was for potting plants and cutting vegetables.  The other was for eating in one side of my yard on the opposite side of the picnic table.  Yes, I have that much trouble walking and standing.

It is a long and arduous way into his backyard. The steps down to the carport from the house are treacherous, so I go out the front and up the carport to fight my way past those steps. ugh It would be nice if we could sit outside after going down his ramp in front. But, I need to sit to spell myself while gardening.

Where do you have tables and chairs in your yard? Or benches?

6 comments:

  1. Right now only the kitchen porch has a bistro table and 2 swivel rockers ... a month from now there will be a table and 4 chairs on the deck, metal picnic table and 4 chairs under the willow trees at the north garden. and a park bench in the south gardens. AND a swing out under the trees by the clothes line

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chef,
    That's my kind of yard--plenty of places to sit no matter where I am. And, different types for how my back feels.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Something to replace the bench that decinigrated on our porch has been on my list for more than a year! Once we finally decide financially we can replace the deck with a patio, I will also plurge on a new outdoor patio set. The little table we have now can go on the porch, and the chairs are comfy and good for near the fire pit. Nothing is a priority until hubs is earning a normal salary again and our son is back to work. IT's not a sacrifice as we have moveable charis, plus two loungers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SAM,
      My list grew all at once when things were stolen. I have done that for years--replace with free things or cheap as free things fell apart. I have to go sit in the car if I want to sit while outside...not fun. I am eyeing free or cheap things to do here beyond or before the chairs.

      Delete
  4. Our outside furniture is in desperate need of upkeep or perhaps replacement. Alas it is too allergic now out of doors to even want to sit outside.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Urspo,
      Allergies will keep me from lingering, but now I just need to sit before I fall!

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...