Thursday, April 2, 2020

Stuff and Beanie Babies

Dinner on Wednesday--filet of chicken cooked with potato wedges, both seasoned with a generous sprinkling of McCormick's Grill Mates Smokehouse Maple Seasoning, and green beans heated in the microwave. This was easy and quick. AND, delicious. There is more chicken for another night or two.

I think this seasoning was what I sent to kylie in Australia. The bottle is fast becoming too low, so it will go on a list of items to buy. However, it is not a necessity.

Plus, I did not realize I also thawed boneless, skinless chicken breasts. ugh So, there are those to cook before I even finish the filets. I will immediately freeze all but one of those breasts.

Wednesday, I tried to find a book to read. Libraries are not open and neither are bookstores. Now, this has become sad. Tuesday, I tried to go into an independent bookstore with used books as well as new. I was greeted by a huge Akita trying to break the glass door down to get to me. I could not get away fast enough

Walmart has plenty of toilet paper, or did I say that? Everybody is sewing since I can find no elastic for the pants I cut from the jumpsuit.

I could find no playing cards and Tommy will not play the UNO I brought home.

The gardening project sent me a packet of seeds so I can enjoy the fruit in one month. Beets--yuck. I do not want to eat them or even cook them for Tommy. He wants them. Now, I have to figure out how to cook them. sigh

Forgot to tell you--I went into Publix with my canister of Lysol Wipes. A woman came and asked where I found them. She was so disappointed when I told her I brought them with me.

Bargains--Campbell's mushroom soup 10 cans for $10. I bought four for green bean casserole some day. French Fried Onions--bogo. I just bought two.

Wednesday, it was 67F and felt wonderful with low humidity.

I was looking through a box of stuff, something from my house that was in the trunk of my car, I suppose. I found one Halloween potholder. Yes, it is in service now. Then, i found a bag of Beanie Babies. You remember those? There were several of the size given out at McD. I was suprised to find another four that were full-sized.  While I am positive I did not buy these, I haven't the slightest clue how they got into my car:

Pincher--crab
Scoop--pelican
Claude--crab
Spike--hippopotamus
Patti--platypus

I bought a few of the Happy Meals with the Beanie Babies, not many, maybe a dozen over a long period of time. Most of them were given to kids who came to my house.

Do you ever find something in your home that baffles you as to the origin? I do know you have good stories. Did you ever buy Beanie Babies from McD or anywhere?

2 comments:

  1. Your dinner sounds good. I made subs and tator tots last night. Tonight is Ben's choice as it is his birthday. He says he wants hot dogs. I think that playing cards and board games in general are hot commodities these days as people are stuck at home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rachel,
      Chicken breast and green beans are two of my favorite things to eat. Happy Birthday to Ben. I had lots of cards and board games. HAD! The stores sure show the demand when all are gone.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...