Friday, April 3, 2020

Thursday, Census, Weight; Friday, the Curve, shopping

I slept soundly and awoke on Thursday morning feeling well, really well. This does not happen often, so I was thrilled. In two hours, about 10 am, I felt drained. So, I went back to bed for a nap. It never occurred. I got back up and tried again at 3 pm. The guy next door started hammering. He nailed for a minute, shut down the noise for fifteen minutes and started nailing again. . over. . .  and. . . over. Then, someone was honking as they drove around--back and forth. . I just got up and forgot about sleeping!

Something on the TV reminded me of the Census and pointed out it could done online. So, I volunteered to submit Tommy's online. He readily accepted my help. It was soooo easy. I figured that since it was government, it would be convoluted. Nope. Easy peasy. We are counted.

Since the Beanie Babies were staring me in the face, I packed those and several other things and taped them up, stored them. When I get around to selling them, I can bring them back out of the room and unpack them.

Yes, Thursday was slow. However, I did things that needed doing--a load of laundry. He put them in as we left to get in the car, and got them in after dark. I went out at dusk to pick lettuce, but could not see, so I came back in. I need a light out there. The cabbage plants are so close together. I wonder if that is okay. But, the woman who supervised said it was okay when we were planting.

I had a little talk with Tommy. I feared to broach the subject--his weight. He had a spare tire around his waist. Now, he is fat from chest down. It has no relation to his looks, and he knows I feel that way. He had gained 6 lbs when he went for a checkup two months ago and was not happy.

His response--He said I gave him too much food for meals I bring to him. Since I fix his plate and bring it to him, I don't want to be stingy. But, he told me to quit bringing him so much. So, now it is up to me. We both need to eat less junk food.

So, since I felt so horrible Thursday, we got Domino's pizza. I know. I know. We can have vegetables later instead of more carbs. I love Domino's pizza. Okay, it is later, five hours later and neither of us has wanted a bite of anything!

On Friday, I woke without ever getting even a wink of sleep. So, I have been like a  zombie today, but I needed to go out because I do not know when all will be shut down. Northern toilet paper is back, along with other brands. I used my 50 cent coupon and got 48 rolls. Two more hair color boxes were needed. I think the bottom will drop out of this and hair color will not be on the list of things going to stores. Well, how could I face the day alone here without looking like myself?

Another nightgown and some panties were needed by me to keep from doing such small laundry loads so often. I did find elastic to redo my bracelet but none for my pants.


I got a few things that will run out--Pam, Glad wrap, peanut butter, bananas, Halos, kitchen garbage bags, two half gallons a2milk and other stuff. All was on sale or had a coupon. Well, the bananas and Halos were expensive, as usual and no coupons. And, the sacker made sure she put the bananas and Halos on the bottom with the rest on top. This frosted my so that I called the manager before I got out of the parking lot!

We left here about 11 am and returned home at 3 pm. I took chicken sandwich for Tommy and just chicken for me. He also had pb crackers and oj. We did eat what I took and did not eat even a small burger. I had water.

One obnoxious woman, about 30 or younger, was talking on her phone in Publix, entertaining us all with her conversation...NOT. She finally said, "Well, I have to get out of this place; it is a madhouse, and NOBODY is flattening the curve. I wanted to bop here, well at least point out she did not have mask, gloves, or sanitary wipes.

I thought about listing the large Beanie Babies on the internet, but decided not to do so, as it might be a bad time to sell them.  What do you think?

So, I am sitting here all loopy from no sleep. I will go to garden and then go to sleep. Or, maybe I will just take that nap.

Just now: Alabama is under a shelter in place order.

14 comments:

  1. I am selling quite a few things on ebay and Poshmark. Even mailed a $400 motorcycle seat to Missouri last week! Stay well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nawm,
      That is hopeful. I suppose people can only shop on ebay, so it will not slow down. Thanks. You stay well, too.

      Delete
  2. Well the weather here turned warmer the last few days. Around 60 degrees so my lilac tree (it has grown from a bush to a tree) has buds now and my two hills of rhubarb is coming up. I am worried people will really get crazy when the weather gets nicer and they want to be out and about. Have to pick up one prescription for me and told my son I would pick up the three they have ready for him too. Going to go right when they open in the morning so I can get in and out. That's about it for exciting news around here. lol. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Crystal,
      I am enjoying the 80F temperature and trees blooming, but I do not have a lilac. Wish I did. I can drive up to my pharmacy and so can Tommy--CVS and Walmart. Do you have a drive-up window at your pharmacy? Your news is just about as exciting as mine...lol.

      Delete
    2. No drive up window at our CVS because it is inside the Target store. But they are constantly cleaning the counters and debit payment machines at the registers and even self check out at the store part has someone cleaning between each customer. It is a bit better than anyplace in town for that from what others have told me. I get in and out early on the day I pick up prescriptions. This should be good for a while as most of mine are 3 month prescriptions. Take care.

      Delete
    3. Crystal,
      All that spraying in stores is annoying me since I am down low and it gets sprayed in my face all the time. It is hard to breathe!!! Not many of my prescriptions are three month. That would be a help.

      Delete
  3. I'm glad you were able to stock up a bit before the shelter in place order went into effect. Hope all is well with you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bless,
      I am, too. We can still go to the grocery store, but I am not sure everything will be there. This is just another layer of calm for me.

      Delete
  4. We've been in a shelter in place for almost a month here...going into the second month. Things run out in the store, so just try and not shop on the 1st or the 15th when the people working get paid (and when food stamps are renewed). (Hair coloring has never had a run on it.) Laundry detergent and bleach are hard to find. Can't find yeast, or baking powder, or baking soda at all. (?)

    All coupons have stopped... completely. So there is that to keep in mind. And, people just get weirder and ruder the longer this goes on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. meetsy,
      Not all states renew on 1st or 15th. They assign days for each alphabet by last name. But, it does help to know when it happens in your state. Here, it happens ALL the time. I do not think there will be a run on hair colorat all! but, some things might be deemed less important, companies could stop producing, or whatever.

      There is plenty of laundry detergent, tp. and bleach here. Same with baking soda. All were sold out, but have restocked now. And, there are still coupons in paper and mail. Even Publix has their store coupons. That is all in Alabama, so cannot be taken as US rule.

      Yeah, the woman yelling in the store was weird.

      Delete
  5. Glad you found the Northern TP - that's what we like...wonder if I'll ever find it again, LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One,
      I had been carrying that coupon around for a couple of weeks and it was expiring. Northern was the last tp to show up of all the brands that did show up. Hopefully, it will show up where you are soon.

      Delete
  6. When I was at University in the early 80s I literally lived across the street from the very first Dominos. I remember seeing the then owner in there working. It was great to get pizza just by walking across the street for it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Urspo,
    That must have been wonderful! Nowadays, I could not afford to live that close to Domino's.

    ReplyDelete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...