Saturday, May 2, 2020

Stimulus Check Came

My ss check is deposited on the first of the month. And, most of the time I do check to see if it did deposit. Imagine my surprise when the stimulus was there, too, on Friday.

I am not going to spend it in dribs and drabs. The first thing I am going to do is pay one debt off. Then, I am going to get two chairs for the yard. These purchases are for my mental and physical health. I have the table I got from the curb. Now, I need to sand some places and repaint the table.

Before I ate, I decided to weigh. I took off my heavy sandals and ripped off my nightgown. In my panties I weighed 12 lbs. less than yesterday afternoon. Yesterday's weight left me sad. Yesterday, I had eaten two meals and was wearing my heavy sandals and some really heavy capris. I bought the capris last fall and noticed they were heavy then. Yes, they really are.

So, it appears my weight is right where I thought it would be. Now, to lose another 54 lbs. Tommy swears he will not use the scales, but I know he will if I never mention it.

Today, for lunch he told me to give him all the chicken for two slices of bread, but only one piece of bread...lol. He has NEVER done that, so I know he is trying to lose a bit. After I put the scales on the kitchen floor, he weighed 175 lbs., not a lot, but more than he wants to weigh.

The rest of the monetary gift from my friend is going to purchase a picnic table for the back yard. I don't want to, but I can use it as a potting table. Right now, I have to stand in front of the front porch and work from there with nowhere to sit. My back feels like it is coming apart.

19 comments:

  1. My stimulus money went straight to my daughter to pay back a debt for car repairs. I have read reports of people accessing medical care they have needed for years. I think most are spending it very sensibly.

    A couple of chairs will be very nice to have. I'm pleased for you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. kylie,
      It was good you had it to help her. Did she get a check, too? Getting medical care is a very good things to do. I suppose whatever a person decides is okay. I just worry people will get the latest phone! After I got the chairs into the back yard, I sat and relaxed a bit. It felt good. Like I said, this is a mental health move besides physical health. Thanks.

      Delete
  2. Glad you got your stimulus check. I was surprised when ours came a couple weeks ago which was just a couple days after they started being distributed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was happy to see the balance in my checking account. It was a deposit and not an actual check. No matter as it spends the same. You did get yours early. I expected mine to be one of the last since I do not get enough to file taxes.

      Delete
  3. That's great your payment came and you are able to gets some things you want/need. Mine still hasn't come yet. I want to pay off the freezer I just bought (put on Lowe's card to save 5% extra) and stock up on food more with some of my stimulus money.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One,
      I want a freezer, but Tommy says I cannot put one here. Silly man.

      Delete
  4. You are the first one I know who got a check. I am curious to see what folks do with it - and does it makes some sort of difference for things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Urspo,
      Yes, it does make a difference. I know of no one else who has gotten it, either.

      Delete
  5. Well, you are spending in the economy and you are taking care of your health. Very good uses of the funds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SAM,
      This was a mental health thing, too, as I was going nuts not being able to sit one minute outdoors.

      Delete
  6. Both my kids got their stimulus deposits two weeks ago. Hubby and I got ours Thursday of this week. Hubby's part went to lawn mower repair, almost every penny. Mine went to my neurosurgeon to pay 1/2 of the bill I received this week from my spinal surgery in February.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alice,
      I applaud your spending it on mower repairs. But, I would have let the medical slide right now unless you paid a quarter of it. Hopefully, you will not get too tight on food and stuff like that. I don't remember your work situations.

      Delete
    2. Thank you. When all of my coworkers were sent to work from home, I was still on medical leave from my surgery. I "returned" to work on April 2. I am working from home, so no loss of income for me. Hubby is retired and receives a pension, social security, and income from the VA.

      And yes, the stimulus money I spent was maybe a quarter of what I'll end up owing for February.

      Delete
    3. Alic, Oh, good. I worried about you.

      Delete
  7. I used mine to buy an office chair for my work at home job. I thought I would be find in dining room chair we use everyday with a gel pad on top. Well, after my first week my back and legs were in agony!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nawm,
      It is amazing the difference a chair can make, especially as I get older.

      Delete
    2. Nawm, I used a dining room chair for the first week. After just having back surgery in February, I decided it was not OK to sit like that all day. Hubby has a very nice office type chair that was at his desk in the bedroom. I've taken it for my use in the dining room. He only ever sat in it to check his bank account anyway, so he's not angry about me relocating the chair.

      Delete
  8. AS of Friday everyone in the family has gotten their stimulus. We spent ours on the materials to redo the kitchen porch to be redone.

    I told Hubby I want the metal picnic table out in the gardens so I can use it to clean produce outside and not in the house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chef, I like to clean produce outside. In my house, Tommy would clean corn for me before it came in the house. Plus, he sorted sweet potatoes there. It was great having it outdoors, plus, right outside the door. Of course, I do not have as much produce as you do. However, I did have him sort 120 lbs. of sweet potatoes!

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...