Sunday, May 10, 2020

Sunday Decision

Sunday, I baked  a package of bscb, almost $26 worth. We ate lunch and dinner off one chicken breast. I baked the rest of the carrots with the chicken and had chicken and carrots for lunch. Sunday night, I put bbq on the rest of the chicken breast and served it with corn on the cob and green beans.

One breast was plenty for four servings. At the price I paid, it is easy to eat a bit less meat. Some meals, we eat more than is necessary. I have enough meat to wait for low or lower prices.

All of a sudden it hit me I wanted a Blizzard, so we got it and I paid for it...on Mother' day! Yeah, it was that kind of day with him.

I have decided to return the picnic table. I think the quality is disappointing. Somehow, the two of us will manage to get the heavy, curb-rescued table to the back yard. I got another table at the junk store and will leave that in the little area between the driveway and house. The path to the house is curved from the driveway. I will paint the table white and can add a couple of chairs with it. I have the two to go into the back yard. It is difficult for Tommy to get to the backyard, so we can sit in the front to get some daytime outdoors.

Since I am so disappointed in the quality of the picnic table, I will forego it altogether. There will be another time to buy it. I am going to buy a drill tomorrow!

I spent part of the afternoon washing dishes that had piled up. This afternoon after my second nap today, I feel so much better. A nap is certainly restorative when ill. And, severe allergies certainly cause illness. But, just to remind me, i had a sneezing fit to top all sneezes.

About the drill. I have had one for about 35 years. And, I am accustomed to using it as I will, not worrying about where i can borrow one. I need holes drilled in the bottom of all these pots I bought. I forget what else I need it for, but the occasions arise. Tommy ruined two of these cheap pots with a strait screwdriver when I told him to use a Phillips. He jabbed the screwdriver into the bottom of the pot with the pot turned over. Now, there is a huge split in the bottom of two of the largest pots with smaller radiating splits. I need a drill which I will use since he has never owned or used a drill.

10 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are getting some things done! I would want the proper tools too. I used to have a little pink tool box and pink handled tools that my mom got me after I got divorced. No men ever asked to borrow even a screwdriver or hammer after they saw the handles were pink. lol. Wonder whatever happened to those tools. Seems like that was a lifetime ago. I have some reading to do on your blog to catch up. Have been MIA for a while. Sorry. I do enjoy your blog but life got a way from me for a couple of weeks. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. Crystal,
      For a few days when I was under the weather, I barely read any blogs. I watch my tools like a hawk, well when I had tools. Men, workers and friends alike, would borrow tools as they worked. I had to ask for them back as they left with my tools in their pockets! I should paint them all pink as I get them now. I probably have most of my tools if my toolbox was not stolen. But, it will take forever to ascertain that. How is your mother? Making do with his limited tools is draining.

      Delete
    2. My mom is doing well. Thanks for asking. Her arthritis acts up a lot when the weather changes. She got the short end of the stick where health is concerned. Wish there was more I could do for her. Hope you are doing well. I get frustrated when people think they can borrow my things without asking or walk off with them. Common courtesy is lacking in a lot of people now a days. Take care.

      Delete
  2. I own all my own tools.... I think I might mark them with purple paint so the next time I find one in Hubby's hands I can make sure it's HIS and not mine as he habitually leaves tools out in the weather. I love my battery drill, it's a Porter Cable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chef,
      You are a smart woman to own your own tools. I never leave tools in the weather. Until lately at my house, I never let one stay out of the toolbox when I was through. I will check that drill. I need one that is not too heavy to handle. Of course, heavy duty is not an issue. Thanks.

      Delete
    2. A girl needs to have her own tools. I think we ladies can all agree on that. lol.

      Delete
  3. We do the same thing with chicken, make several meals out of one (these days expensive) chicken. I hope you can find another picnic table that you like better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. COL,
      Previously, the package of chicken would have cost about $11. That is the last time I will pay that much. I am going to freeze some of it for later. I may not get a picnic table. I do need one not so shabbily made. Thanks.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...