Tuesday, June 16, 2020

Ifs and buts

"If  'ifs' and  'buts' were candy and nuts, we would all have a Merry Christmas."

Somehow, that seems quite appropriate right now with the foolishness of being overly optimistic.

Only 192 days left until Christmas.

Freezer will be in my home on Friday. 

I am going to take a nap.

Up now. 

Tommy's father came home from WWII sporting a moustache. His mother said, "Why would you cultivate something on your lip that grows wild in your butt?" He shaved it before breakfast the second day home. 

So, amuse me. What are some sayings or complaints that you have heard? They can just be something you believe, something funny, anything. 


8 comments:

  1. HaHa! I don't think I can top the moustache saying/complaint. But,when my mom accidently burnt toast, she would tell go ahead and eat it, it will whiten you teeth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lisa,
      I am still laughing at that--whiten your teeth! ??? Mothers get desperate, I guess. Now, I wonder what I told my kids. Still laughing at that comment! Thanks.

      Delete
  2. My grandpa had a few sayings and I remember one was "don't take any wooden nickels" and another was "eat the (insert food)- it'll grow hair on your chest!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One,
      At any point did you realize you might not want hair on your chest? I guess the question is--at what point?

      Delete
  3. When my kids were younger and were whining to have something, "I WANT it..." I would say, "well you can want in one hand and poop in the other, and see which gets full first."

    When I was growing up and I wanted something, my momma would say, "You can do like they do across the river." Which meant, "do without."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alice,
      We parents know better ways to say NO. Those are both good. Thanks.

      Delete
  4. I laughed so hard about the mustache and had to call my mom and tell her that saying. She thought it was hilarious. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Crystal,
      I had never heard that and laughed on and off every time I thought of it. I was glad to spread the laughter.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...