Monday, June 15, 2020

Monday and Squash

After another sleepless night (2 hours), I called the company that handles medical items and told them to come get this Darth Vade machine and bring me a quieter one. They said they could do that over a week ago. Now, I am beyond ready. The machine was to improve my health, and I cannot imagine getting an average of three hours sleep per night is improving my health.

Okay, it is almost 5 pm and a replacement machine just came. It is much lighter and a new model, not so bulky either. Maybe tonight will be better. 

Tommy is in charge of his breakfast and lunch as am I for mine. When I wake near noon, I do not eat my usual banana. I eat the pb, MW, and banana sandwich, so I am not eating anything he wants, and I do not offer it. Just now, at 1:30, he had a plate with a big pile of cherries, about 2 cups of Romaine, and a piece of bread with cheese. Great! He can feed himself! If I am going in to get food, I ask if he wants anything. If I am making a grilled cheese sandwich, I offer to make one for him. 

When the guy called and said he was bringing the new machine, we went outside. I got the fire ant bait and spread it around a huge mound at the base of his dogwood tree. Then, I opened a pink bag with wet ads and looked at those and threw them all away. Another awaits.

He turned the water on for me and I watered the plants on the porch. We make a good team...lol. There is only one squash I can see--about 2 inches long. There are a dozen or so blossoms fading, so there should be little squashes there, too. I did water too early because the sun was hurting my skin. 

Now, I have to wash dishes and cook bacon in the microwave. And wash my hair. 

Tomorrow, we are going to Cullman to eat lunch with friends, al fresco, of course. We have not seen them for a long time. 

Are your squash in blossom or growing? 

6 comments:

  1. Hello. Not much happening here either. My son is still staying with us. Several months now. Soon he and his brother should get a place together. Good thing. They are both messier than I like. Only one is living with us right now. My husband has decided to cook his own food earlier as he likes to eat before 4 or 5. He is not a neat cook either. I let him do the dishes. If I use the dishwasher and run it I tell him they are clean and maybe some time that week they get put away. I prefer hand washing most things. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Crystal,
      I prefer to eat about 5 pm, he wants to eat about 7:30. His dishwasher has sat for over 40 years, so I am sure it leaks. I have to wash dishes by hand. I prefer the dishwasher. He prefers to let me wash dishes.

      Delete
    2. I wouldn't try the dishwasher for sure if it was me. Sitting like that I bet the seals have all dried up and you would end up with a watery mess. I use mine about once a week now since there is an extra person in the house and I cook more from scratch. Yep they would rather let us do the dishes and if they do something around the house think they should be praised to high heaven. I don't get praised when I dust or sweep, mop or clean the bathroom. Why should everyone else. lol

      Delete
    3. Crystal,
      Yes, the seals are why I will not use the dishwasher. "Remember when I washed the dishes?" "When?" One weekend in August 1978!"

      Delete
  2. We just got back last night from a short vacation and hubby picked three sacks full of squash this morning.

    If you have a cookie sheet and some Reynold's wrap, you should try making your bacon in the oven! Life changing. Crisps up nicely, easier to collect the bacon grease for using in cooking otherwise, and then you just throw the wrap away. Easy cleanup.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alice,
      We buy precooked and have little. I cannot manage to get it done! And, he is not.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...