Friday, June 5, 2020

My Pink Purse and The First Time

Previously, I had looked on the internet to see the best way to clean a leather purse. It seemed lots of sites recommended cleaning with alcohol. In the meantime, I got ink on my pretty pink purse. I was devastated because one little ink mark leads to another.

Using alcohol was the number one suggestion to clean leather. I used a Qtip to clean the mark, just a little alcohol on a Qtip and a little wipe. Well, it took off the pink! I  am devastated.  It is now flawed!

Now, I am trying to figure out what to do for my light pink purse because I now have another black ink mark. Any ideas?

When I heard about the virus in Wuhan, I was on alert. From the beginning I knew it would affect us. Just a few days ago, I found the receipt for the first things I bought. The receipt is for February 3, 2020.

I was talking about it about a week before that. Just now, I asked Tommy what he thought of my concerns. He said he never remembers me talking about it. See? He never listens...lol.

What would you use to get ink off a purse that is not alcohol? When did you first buy something that was totally driven by the notion that a problem was brewing in Wuhan that would affect us?

8 comments:

  1. I don't remember the exact date, but I had read how it was spreading in an area where another blogger wrote about. It may have been late February. We picked up only 3 extra bottles of alcohol, and two 18 rolls of toilet paper, and 3 extra large bottles of tylenols because I was afraid China would be cut off from shipping that. My husband grumbled about the extra toilet paper, or we would have gotten at least 3 more packs. Since we didn't, we have gotten a bit low a couple of times, but never run out.

    I wish we had a small stand alone freezer. I worry that there will be serious meat shortages later as this virus continues. The meat factory workers are dropping like flies sick with this virus. Will they continue to have a supply of people who are willing and physically able to do the meat processing work. A lot of the workers that have been infected in the beef, pork and chicken processing plants were immigrants. We won't be having any of their labor to fall back on once the ones we have can no longer continue to work.

    I am worried about how bad the virus will become after the thousands of people have been protesting shoulder to shoulder, even though most are younger and wearing masks.

    Some people are really having trouble with staying at home, even if they are on a fixed income and don't have to go out to work. I am still at the point where I don't mind staying home.
    I do get a little bored sometimes, but that is my own fault for being lazy and not getting up and getting busy around the house. I have been finding the days seem to speed by. The worst thing about this situation for me is that I miss being able to hug my daughter and grandson and son in law. My husband and I must keep distance from them because my daughter is an RN and my son in law is a plumber, so they could be exposed at any time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susie,
    the only reason I waited until feb was I had to wait for ss check. I believe it will be much worse and will be prolonged, with us for at least another year.

    you were early believer, too. I am at home anyway, but have not been bored.

    I do worry how the protesters will fare or how far it will spread.

    left hand out of commission so cannot type well or fast.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Because I was working, I really didn't think about how my life was going to be impacted until I went to get my daughter from college and listened to the press conferences. A bit ignorant on my part I guess, but I was so busy figuring out "the world" I wasn't focusing on us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know if this will help you with your leather
    https://www.quora.com/How-do-I-fix-rubbing-alcohol-damage-on-leather

    We figured something was up in Nov 2019 when Warren Buffett started holding on to cash more than normal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chef,
      I heard disturbing things in 2019, but it was not until January 2020 that I knew I must acquire a few things.

      Delete
  5. Alas I am useless on this one.

    ReplyDelete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...