Wednesday, June 24, 2020

Walking Time and Yeast

Tommy was correct. We both timed my walk and it was under three minutes and over a minute and a half. That is disappointing. Honestly, the walk felt much longer! I was exhausted and my legs were trembling and I was winded. My back hurt for hours. Pathetic!

Next time, I will walk until he tells me I have walked for four minutes. I have him come out to watch me because I am so wobbly walking and feel like I will pass out from the exertion. Yes, pretty bad.

Buying the book about railroads proved to be a good choice for Tommy. He was reading from it before he even sat down in his chair. Everyday, he gets it and reads more. It is the type book that he can read from by choosing the section he wants. Reading is a much better alternative to just watching TV. He is mostly open to alternatives I bring up.

Did you know that "Chattanooga Choo Choo" was the first record to sell a million copies? Neither did I.

It is so rainy and stormy here that we have stayed inside all day today and all of the last few days. I don't even need to go out to water my plants. Right now--4:30 pm, it is 73F and the humidity is 91%. The humidity is palpable.

The ads for stores are not much this week. Hopefully, this next week will be better. Don't get me wrong, there are good sales, just not anything I want to buy.

The coupons are great, especially the ones for Ball jars, lids, and rings. So far, I have two copies of the ads, so two sets of Ball coupons.

I forgot to weigh today.

Fleischman's yeast, the little three pack, is abundant here. If anyone wants me to purchase and mail any, i will.


7 comments:

  1. There is an old joke about Roy Rodgers telling Dale Evans about an unfortunate event. It seems a cat ruined his brand new cowboy boots. One day they were out riding there horses when a small cat crossed their path. Dale looked at Roy and sang "Pardon me Roy, is that the cat who chewed your new shoes"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne,
      I had to read that four times before I read "sang" as "sang" instead of as "said." lol...very funny. I have never heard that. Thanks for that.

      Delete
  2. I’m a fan of Glenn Miller and love that Chattanooga choo choo song

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you know that "Chattanooga Choo Choo" was the first record to sell a million copies?

    No I didn't … but I do now, thank you.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...