Tuesday, June 23, 2020

Weight, Exercise, Fingernails, and Blogger

Yesterday, Monday, I did not walk due to all the rain and the fact I slept a lot. Plus, I sort of forgot. I asked Tommy on Saturday how long I walked--he said 2 or 3 minutes. Nope, more than that, I hope. I need to walk 15 minutes every day. So, I am hoping it was more like 10 minutes. Whatever time it was, I will have to work up to my goal.

When I awoke Sunday, I weighed myself in only my panties and before I ate. I was down 1 pound more than I have been in years. Monday, after eating breakfast and lunch and drinking 10 ounces of milk and 16 ounces of water, I weighed 3 pounds less than Sunday. I wonder.

I have consistently had four slices of bread each day. I know. That is a lot. However, eating lean chicken and vegetables and fruit seems to have made a difference in my weight. Well, the chicken two days was full of Feta and the next was in some sort of breading with cheese.

Sleep has come more easily since I cut back on the Melatonin. Now, my back itches most of the night until i give in and take allergy meds.

Is there a place to check spelling on Blogger? Why do i have to come back to the present post to start a new post? Is there are place to solve these two problems? Surely, there is a spellcheck.

Why does the "i" sometimes capitalize itself and sometimes not?

I decided to buy a glove for my left hand before i cut off a finger. It is metal and mesh. It is like ones used in the meat department and in the produce department in the grocery store.

Speaking of cutting my finger off, I asked the doctor last Wednesday about my accident. I told her i let it bleed freely several times, washed it in soap and water, held it closed, wrapped it tightly to help stanch the bleeding, put mupiricin on it, kept it very dry with a glove for three days.

She said i did "exactly the right thing." Since it still hurts deep inside, she took a look at it and said it was going to be fine. But i still need the metal mesh glove! I have too much cutting to do to take any chances.

I just noticed that my fingernails are incredibly stronger/thicker now. Usually, my index fingernail is not hard and bends easily. Now, it is steel hard like the other nails. I have lethal weapons on the fingertips. The only difference is the 50,000 units of Vitamin D that I have been taking since. February 2020. I just now noticed the index finger nails because I hurt my eye with an index fingernail. 

4 comments:

  1. Eating right gets better with time. Your body gets used to all the good stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vitamin D boosts your immunity! Hubby and I supplement with that as well.

    Good for you for continuing to try to walk some each day. I'm working through a book that helps set new habits. The authors talk about sometimes having a huge goal is overwhelming, but if we can work on the habits we need to establish to accomplish that goal, it'll be easier. We didn't get where we are overnight, so to make a change can't be immediate either. It's an accumulation of small intentional changes. You're doing well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alice,
      By testing me the doctor found I was practically completely deficient of Vit D. It seems I have to keep pressing doctors to test for different things! Then, he waited 9 months to give me supplements after getting test results.

      I have had no grand goals here. I just want myself back a little at a time. You are right, it took me a long time to get into this shape.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...