Tuesday, July 14, 2020

Eggplant/Oxygen/Chores

Maybe Auburn gave me an ichiban eggplant plant. I just set the little pot inside a huge pot, planning on giving it away or murdering it. The roots grew out of the little three inch pot and into the 15" pot. So, i will leave it. It has had beautiful lavender flowers. Today, I found an eggplant ready to cut. There is no way I will eat this. I am going to saute it in olive oil with salt and pepper and put it in Tommy' salad. He is an adventurous eater. I am not. Although, he refused to eat sardines with me last night.

His dinner will be a salad-- tomatoes, cucumber, eggplant, baby carrots cut lengthwise in four pieces, and roast chicken thigh, all with Italian dressing. He followed his salad with a peach and a keto cookie. This meal will be so easy!

This the fourth oxygen generator I have had in a month. The last two were new out of the box and they smell! So, I am going to call the manufacturer. Does anyone have an oxygen generator and does it smell. It is like that tiny scent when you use a new curling iron, hair dryer, or other appliance. It stays and gets much worse and never burns off.

I got up Tuesday morning and was getting ready to go to a doctor's appointment when it occurred to me I had not gotten a call or text confirming I had an appointment and was I coming. So, I called and have an appointment at the end of September. Why did they cancel today's appointment and move it to September?  For a patient with a heart condition?

We decided to go anyway and kept calling another doctor about getting an appointment there or a dental appointment. That didn't happen. Obviously, no one is canceling appointments.

At least, I was able to return the clothing to Belk and have those clothes off my account. I  made a quick trip into Publix so we would not have to stop here. We ate at the lake. A lone mother duck had three baby ducks that were the size of a golf ball. All the other ducks had  babies in the spring. Is it normal to have ducklings so late?

12 comments:

  1. I haven't had an eggplant in a long time and cant remember if I liked it or not. At least I didn't hate it or I would remember that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love eggplant but am violently allergic to it. Good for Tommy for not eating the sardines! Yuck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne,
      I have had so much in Middle Eastern food that I hate it with a passion. I was the only child who would eat sardines with Daddy when i was a child.

      Delete
  3. I and my little Fuzzy Pom used to eat sardines for a snack when my husband was at work in the evening. I don't eat them when he is home because he hates their odor, and now he is home all of the time because he is retired and his part time job is now done from home. I would eat some at night when he is sleeping except they don't agree with me at that time of night. Poor little FuzzyPom pup, no more sardines for him either.

    To me, the fried eggplant that I have had is very similar in texture and taste to fried zucchini. A couple of years ago I bought patty pan squash at a farm stand and when I fried them. They had a terrible taste, very bitter with a tinge of cucumber taste, but really bitter. I googled it and if you ever run across a patty pan or zucchini that tastes like that,it is bad and will make you sick, don't eat it. Google it. I had never had a bitter squash before that and that was news to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. susie,
      Tommy was gagging at the smell...lol. I never heard that about squash. Thanks. If it had any cucumber taste, i would quit eating it right away!

      Delete
  4. Ye gad...sardines. The salt content is "out the roof"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Caddie,
      So true about the salt. But, i had not had sardines in over a year.

      Delete
  5. Tommy's salad sounds very nice ...

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  6. I adore eggplant! I like it fried,or baked. I think my absolute favorite way is in a tofu stir fry with lots of garlic, onions and red bell peppers. I know you don't like some of those items and that's okay ...More for me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Janet,
      LOL..I like garlic and onions! I wonder if all the tomato sauce and lamb that was cooked with it made me dislike eggplant.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...