Monday, July 13, 2020

I Ordered It

Belk's keeps in touch with me, bless their souls! I get some very enticing emails from them, multiples every day. I ordered a Nu-Wave air fryer. My total price is $61.95. The original cost was something like $139, reduced to $69 minus $10 Belk reward, free shipping, and my price is soooo much lower--$61.95.

Since the huge microwave is gone from the counter, I can use the air fryer in the space left there. Although I will probably not store it there.

Since I never fry anything, this will be a different kind of food around here. 

I hope this is a good one for me. And, hopefully it will do what I expect it to do and more. So, now I must wait for delivery.  Does anyone have one like this or have an opinion?

My squash are about through having died in the heat of the front porch. It has been a long, slow death. I only paid a quarter for each plant. And, the eggplant given to me has decided to bloom. I suppose I will keep watering it and give the fruit to someone else--maybe the guy next door.

The grape tomato plant on the porch has one tiny tomato. I cannot wait to eat grape tomatoes.

My cousin who was here with his wife arrived in an enormous motorhome pulled by his truck. He said they planned to travel for two years. Their only son and his family live in their home. At the end of two years they will sell their home to their son or move back in themselves. It is all up in the air as to what will happen at the end of two years with several plans possible. South Carolina is their home base where they will go back often before they head out West. 

Today, Monday, it is going to be in the 90s. We are headed out in the heat. I worry about Tommy sitting in the car and getting so hot. He will not drink water unless he gets thirsty, a dangerous practice anytime, especially with diabetes and in this heat. 


14 comments:

  1. I'll be anxious to hear how you like your air fryer! I got one in the spring and ended up returning it. (Luckily, there was a satisfaction guarantee on it so I was allowed to return it even though I'd used it). My only complaint was that because the basket was smaller than I expected it to be (and it was a large one compared to all of the air fryers), I could bake things in the oven quicker than I could in the air fryer. I've only heard great things though from others who have them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Steady Plodder,
      I can return it. I hope I am happy with it.

      Delete
  2. I have no idea how an air fryer works. Is it like an extra hot oven? Do you need just heat? How does it cook?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ann,
      I don't know the answers to your questions. I suppose i will learn.

      Delete
    2. it's like a hot oven and replaces deep frying. Daughter 4 loves her's like the one you bought , I bought a Power Airfryer Pro


      Delete
    3. Chef,
      Did she buy the basket and pot thing that is separate? This thing sounds like an addition to a healthy lifestyle.

      Delete
  3. aWe like it because it work so well on things like potato wedges and chicken wings, particuallry if they are already vooked andyou are just looking for them to get that ffried taste without the grease. I made a breaded chicken one night, an dused the airfyer for leftovers-perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SAM,
      Thanks for the info. I cannot wait to cook something in it.

      Delete
  4. An air fryer is basically a very contained ultra fast fan convection oven. I cook crescent rolls in mine, make toast all the time, its great for warming leftovers, fried okra takes about a teaspoon of oil spritzed on it, like Sam said, it is super for wings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne,
      Thanks. I won' be eating wings, and Tommy is not crazy about them. BSCB? There was some sort of accessory package of basket and a little pot. Do i need those? They are a separate order.

      Delete
  5. I use my air fryer often. We love oven roasted veggies and the air fryer is easier,faster, and tastes better to me. I love fried chicken made in air fryer. There are many recipes online to try. It keeps kitchen from heating up from oven and as far as size of basket I fix enough for 2 grown men and myself with no problem. Have had mine a year and use it at least 3 or 4 times a week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HHH,
      Thanks for the reassurances. I love fried chicken but never fry chicken anymore. This should cook enough for us two meals, at least, at one time.

      Delete
  6. My air fryer came from a thrift store! I haven't used it a tremendous number of times but I have been extremely pleased with the results. Mine is one of those that look like a toaster oven. It is amazing for reheating many items. I had fried shrimp one evening and the next day I reheated them in the air fryer. They went in looking sort of sad with limp day old batter but came out looking freshly cooked with a crisp exterior. It is also good for reheating pizza. It can also be used as a dehydrator!

    I also have an instant pot. It is basically an electric pressure cooker. I like it very much.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Janet,
    I think the one that looks like a toaster oven would be nice to have. Thanks for the information on how it does cooking and reheating things. I don't have an Instant pot.

    ReplyDelete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...