Monday, July 20, 2020

No Sleep and Doctor Appointment

I slept two hours last night. Then, I was disturbed by a call I had to make and was returned. Tommy is going to have dinner earlier than he likes. Or, he can let it sit and reheat it...lol. It is 5:30 and he should have dinner by 6 pm.

Today, he had to go to his six-month checkup. I drove since he could not have anything. The car was so hot. We arrived ten minutes before his appointment and we sat for another 30 minutes. Then, i had to sit there for another 45 minutes. I ran the ac because it was very hot at 9 am! And, they refused to allow me to come inside to use the bathroom.

My garden is dying. Never grow food in front of solid brick house with brick porch that is about 3 ft. high and is brick, too, and where the sun sets on the front porch. Of course, the eggplant are thriving! gag.

When the mail arrived. there was a beautiful floral package. My friend from CA sent me three packages of foam rollers. Remember, the ones she sent earlier did not make it out of the house and the ones i bought fall apart! Now, I can have a bit of fluff, bend, or curl instead of stick straight hair. I love getting things in the mail.

I made a ten-minute shopping trip for two stock up items. Of course, both were chocolate. I will hide this.

Dinner tonight is pasta and canned spaghetti sauce, garlic bread, and cucumber/tomato salad.

I have Cherokee Purple tomatoes that Tommy says he will not eat. Yes, he will. He was freaked out by the yellow tomatoes and ate them.

Okay, too tired to type.

6 comments:

  1. I'dd take the egg plant. Have you made egg plant parmesian-perfect with your sauce and pasta

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SAM,
      I would gladly give it to you. No, i am not going to ruin my spaghetti. Tommy will eat it.

      Delete
  2. It is very hot here and everything wilts this time of year no matter how much water you give it, but things come back when it cools down in Sept.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kim,
      I have not found this to be true even when growing things in front of the rock wall of my house. Hopefully, things will come back as you say.

      Delete
  3. I also don't like eggplant! Yuck. Cherokee Purple tomatoes sound yummy! My grandma used to grow lots of different varieties of tomatoes. Love them all! Hope you get some sleep tonight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rachel,
      The Cherokee Purple looks sort of black on the outside, so he is seeing them as something wrong. I love all tomatoes, too. I did sleep well.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...