Tuesday, July 21, 2020

Round Trip--150 Miles

Tommy drove me 150 miles round trip to go to a doctor, and she was sick and the joint was closed! We waited for an hour and a half before reaching someone who told me i was notified she was ill and not there today. ??? So, we drove home having done nothing at all.

I did not remember it was the pick up lunch day. Tommy did, so we drove there before the appointment and got lunch--hamburger, hotdog, generous portion of lettuce and tomatoes, teeny bag of chips, cookies, condiments. Tommy wants none of the lettuce and tomato, so i will make a salad for me tomorrow.

We arrived here at 4 pm, I napped from 5:50 until 7 and heated chicken thigh, carrots, potatoes for Tommy. I had carrots. Since I forgot to take my banana with me this morning, I will eat it later.

So. that is my life and I am exhausted. One of my very necessary medications makes me hurt all over.  I hurt too much to walk into Belk's or a grocery store. I did find out one fact that will make my life a lot less stressful for the next two weeks.

And, some of my bulbs are blooming in my yard. That made me happy. Now, I hope no one gets them before I can dig them next week.

Do you carry some of your bulbs with you when you move? (I am not moving, just trying to rescue them. Remember, people steal things from my yard.) What plants/bulbs have you taken with you?

8 comments:

  1. When I moved into this house 20 odd years ago I brought a glorious tree fern which didn't do well here and died. I swore I'd never do such a thing again.
    That was a big waste of time and gas, I would have been livid

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. kylie,
      I don't know how to move a fern. Too bad. I was feeling so horrible and was so disappointed, I could have died. It would not have done me any good to be too angry. I was crushed because i need help. I just wanted to cry!

      Delete
  2. Over 40 years ago my Mom came over to the house where my husband and I had just moved in. She brought some bulbs from her great big dark purple irises. Mom died 33 years ago, but the iris bulbs she and I planted still bloom every year. It makes me so happy every year when they bloom again. It's like my Mom is still right there with me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. susie,
      I understand how it is like she is still there. My bulbs blooming now are from a beloved elderly woman. I thought i had lost here, and now it is like i found her again. Thanks for the story.

      Delete
  3. I brought Daddy's and mine here... both are struggling to start except the artisan lilies, they are doing good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chef,
      It seems like lilies never struggle. Good luck with the struggling ones.

      Delete
  4. I carried Amaryllis bulbs from my former home to this home. And if I move again, I will carry them with me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lisa,
      It makes me happy to take flowers with me. Same with you, i suppose.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...