Thursday, July 23, 2020

Too Tired

I am too tired to type or think. It was a good day, just tiring. It's about 4 pm and I need to prepare four heads of celery for the freezer. I wish my dehydrator were here.  I will not need to buy celery all winter. 

After preparing the celery, I have four Bell pepper to prepare for the freezer. Unless I go crazy eating Bell Peppers, I will not need to buy any this winter since I have several already stored. I use it for flavor in dishes. Tommy will eat it from the dish I make. I will eat it if it is chopped in tiny pieces and cooked. 

We have been opening one jar of spaghetti sauce every two weeks. It lasts for two meals. After opening the last jar, I need to find more on sale. I have the pasta! 

I must have slept wrong because my knee will barely hold me. I have things to do and cannot be so immobile! Mostly, I keep moving in extreme pain. 

My a2milk is on sale at Publix--2 half gallons for $7, so I need to get that as it is a savings of $2 per gallon. Plus, Cokes are a good deal at Dollar General. See? I have things to do. 

Since I got the air fryer, I have not felt like standing to wash it and cook in it. So, like it or not, hurt or not, tonight, I will wash it. My first thing to cook may be lamb chops and carrots for Tommy. I will have a can of tuna with lettuce and tomato. I hate lamb. 

I heard that one tactic for the corona virus extermination is to shut down everything for four to six weeks. If that is what it takes, I am willing. What are your thoughts on this means of squashing the virus?


8 comments:

  1. I am investigating the air fryer, there is one with a dehydrator that looks good. I think shutting down really helps, but only if everyone does their bit. We had a good result here with our 90 day shutdown but now people have become a bit complacent and the numbers are going up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jan,
    Information on the box says it will dehydrate, but I have not seen anything about it in the manual. I think the next shutdown will be more severe. Hope so. This virus needs to be squashed. In AL. too, numbers have gone up since the state has opened more businesses.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes, if everyone did nothing x couple of weeks it would diminish the virus.
    Alas, USA won't do this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. urspo,
      I am willing, but I don't have to go to work! I will be willing. It is difficult.

      Delete
  4. I also read somewhere that if everyone just did this and/or wore masks EVERYWHERE for 6 weeks this thing could have been knocked on the head ages ago. Never gonna happen though is it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Treaders,
      I read accounts of people who openly oppose the oppression of masks, and end up with covid19. Chuck Woolery decried it as a hoax until his son got it.

      Delete
  5. I'm all for shutting down for six weeks to crush this virus. I am so over it, like others are. Good job getting the celery and next the bell peppers into the freezer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Belinda,
      Great! I am so glad to be able to start freezing things like this so i don't have to purchase them during the winter.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...