Friday, August 28, 2020

Carbs All Day!

Thursday, I felt worse than when I awoke Wednesday. Ugh It seems I cannot sleep much more than two hours, day or night. 

I had something to do in Cullman on Thursday and things to do here for Tommy.  I did not go to Cullman but rode with Tommy to things he had to do. And, one thing just was not happening after he called and had confirmation. What's with that? 

Sloppy clothing and not bathing were the rule of the day. 

He got us a sausage biscuit. I had a bit of oj with mine. 

When we got home, I watched some news and he had three oranges and a peanut butter sandwich for lunch. Then, I took a nap. 

I did sleep three hours and started an eating marathon about 5 pm--pbj sandwich, pasta with olive oil and Parmesan cheese, Red Berries Special K and milk, chopped chicken and chopped tomato with Miracle Whip, brownies and Coke, bacon by itself, huge black plum, and other things I cannot remember.

I gave Tommy beans I got at the farmer's market, sliced tomatoes, and baked chicken. He ate sensibly...lol. At one point he asked me, "Are you sure you are still hungry?" 

Friday morning, I awoke having gotten a bit more sleep but not enough. It is a gray muggy day. And, I am not ravenous today like yesterday. 

I had a weird dream, really weird. It is now almost 6 pm on Friday, and I have eaten little--just scrambled eggs and milk late morning, banana and milk, half  a Coke, and then a nap. I only have a salad in my sights for dinner.

8 comments:

  1. Sorry I haven't posted for a while. Life has been crazy around here. Hope it settles down soon. I just read back on your posts. I know in recent ones it sounds like you haven't been feeling well. I hope you are feeling better and on the mend. Tonight I was sitting in my chair watching TV and all the sudden two horrible leg cramps. On in the upper area of my leg and another on the front shin of the other leg. It happens once in a while and hurts so bad. You can actually see the muscle spasms. I hobbled over and grabbed a tablespoon of yellow mustard and swallowed it. My dad would get horrible muscle spasms and it was the only thing that helped. With in 3-5 minutes mostly gone but still sore. Have you ever had something like this and if so what worked for you. There must be something in the yellow mustard that helps. Always works for me and my dad too. Not sure why I get them but was on my feet a lot today. I take calcium and magnesium per my doctor. Hmmm.... well I better get some sleep. Hope you are doing better and feeling good soon. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Crystal,
      No, I have not felt well at all. Hopefully, I am on the mend. I only have a leg cramp when I turn over and put my foot on the bed to gain traction. The leg cramps up high in the back of my thigh. It is horrible, but I relax and the cramps subsides. I don't think I could try yellow mustard because of the taste. Plus, by the time I could walk and get to the refrigerator, the cramp would be gone. Sometimes, I have a cramp in one of my toes. I just hold the toe for a few seconds. I did see a muscle spasm in my hand one time. That was weird. Thanks. I am trying hard to feel better. Take care of yourself, too.

      Delete
    2. Crystal,

      Drink some pickle juice, that should help with the cramp and is more tolerable than a shot of mustard. Even though I like mustard, not sure I could do that.

      I used to always grab the muscle that was cramping and just hold on and try to ride it through, but now I have found that I must get up and walk on it. It's almost immediately better if I do, rather than trying to power through the pain.

      Delete
    3. Alice,
      Neither pickle juice or mustard would work for me since I don't tolerate vinegar well. I still grab the muscle but Tommy has to walk off the pain and cramp.

      Delete
    4. I might just try some pickle juice next time I get a bad one. My poor husband will think I am really crazy. lol

      Delete
    5. Let us know how the pickle juice works.

      Delete
  2. Your body was telling you what it needed. I hope you start feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SAM,
      That was the only thing I could figure was happening. It is Saturday morning and not much better.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...