Thursday, August 27, 2020

My First Watercolor

 Early in 2019, I decided to paint a picture of Fancy, my favorite chicken. She talked to me and responded to me. She jumped onto the swing where I was lying and cuddled into my body and she sat and relaxed. I loved her. If my cell phone rang while I was outside, she came to help me talk. My friend that called would always ask what the noise was. Finally, she learned to ask if Fancy were talking to me. 

She would come with my three other hens to the side door and ask for a treat. The other hens stayed on the ground and looked up at the door and Fancy. I peeked from another window to see what they all did. 

I told another blogger about my plan and she sent me watercolors and brushes. I bought an expensive pad for watercolor. I practiced with the colors, mixing a color that was her main color. I sketched and resketched her outline. Then, it was all swept away with my house. 

Only one person other than Tommy knew about my new pursuit. Do any of you use watercolors? What is your experience?

I don't feel like posting or even writing this, so I have nothing else today. We had plans, but I am not going anywhere or doing anything. Tommy will have leftovers once again--baked chicken, field peas and snaps, and sliced tomatoes. 

12 comments:

  1. I have never used water colours and I'm not much of an artist so I can't really comment.
    What a disappointment to lose your paints and paper, though. I can imagine that losing a house like you did means that you regularly think of something that is now gone, the losses might have happened all at one time but you become aware slowly and suffer the grief over and over

    ReplyDelete
  2. kylie,
    I do suffer the grief over and over as I find one more little thing each day that is gone forever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. PP, what are you going to do about the house? Can you at least sell the lot?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I’m sorry you have been through so much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My grandmother was a skilled, self taught artist in oils, water colors, and pastels. She had a natural gift. It was not a gene I inherited. lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lisa,
      How wonderful! I am not blessed with painting or drawing talent, so this is hard.

      Delete
  6. My Dad could paint so well. We have a couple of his paintings hanging in our home. I would love to see a picture of yours. We loved our chickens when we had them. Our rooster used to come up to me in the car when I got home and I'd open the car door and there he would be for a snack. He loved cheetos. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Belinda,
      My only half-started watercolor was destroyed. I love chickens but roosters terrify me. They do love a good snack and learn fast.

      Delete
  7. I have never painted with professional watercolors or water color paper, but have often thought I would enoy it.

    I loved reading about how cute your hen, Fancy, was and how she liked to talk to you. Every once in a while animals come along that are just the perfect match for us and we form such a strong bond with them that we remember them for the rest of our life..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. susie,
      Fancy was an unusual chicken. I think she was the chick I rescued when she was down and the other chickens were pecking her. I grabbed the chick and ran to the house. She lived in a box for two days. I held her in my lap, rocked her, talked to her and fed her from my hand. The end of the second day, I brought in another chick to keep Fancy company. At the end of the fourth day, I put both of them back out with the other chicks. So, she maybe had fond feelings for me.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...