Tuesday, September 15, 2020

Monday Doings and Grandson Singing

Since it will most likely be very rainy this week, we went to Cullman to get my mail and go to notary public at my bank. There were other things I needed to do. 

It was a beautiful day, lots of fluffy clouds and sunshine. On the way home, we got about four dozen big splats of rain, nothing else--no darkness, no wind, still pretty.

I went to one grocery store that always has buggies of reduced items. No, I had already gotten what they offered. However, I did get more pimiento. I have wanted peanut oil but was not ready to commit to a gallon. So, I purchased a 24 oz. bottle. Then, I put my name and Tommy's name in for a drawing for a new washing machine. I hope one of us wins.  This is the store where I won $100 worth of groceries for 2018 Thanksgiving and Christmas. 

Since I needed the services of a notary public, I called my bank and had to get an appointment. They were agreeable to having the notary come out to me in the car.  So, that was easy peasy. 

Do you use peanut oil? Do you like it? Ever use LOUANNA Peanut Oil?

When we came home, I was sooo tired and did not want to cook dinner. I found a KFC thigh in the freezer and a meal of Italian Beef with cilantro-lime white rice and black beans. We divided the frozen dinner and he had the chicken thigh and a huge amount of red grapes. 

I still had dishes to wash from the night before. ugh

Someone reminded me of this incident with my son and mother. I left him with her and told her to make sure he eats some meat and fruits and vegetables with every meal. When I came back, I asked her if he had eaten well. And, did he eat meat, fruits, and vegetables. My mother changed to a very high voice and said he only wanted to eat peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. I said you mean for lunch every day? No, he wanted it more than that. Oh, for breakfast? Well, he would not eat any other food. You mean he ate it for all three meals??? Yes, and for a snack. 

Had my mother lost her mind? By the way, he had never had peanut butter ever before. So, for seven days he had not eaten one other thing than pbj sandwich! She created a monster. So, I had to buy pb, something I did not want to do. Okay, so I suppose I did not have to buy it, but he asked for it incessantly and I just got it. 

Here is a video of my grandson singing at MCLA. He is the guy just to the right of center and sings first. Watch here. I think he has a great voice. My daughter said he was singing in tune and in time when he was two-years-old. She is a wonderful singer, too.

I have been told my picture did not show on my blog post yesterday. I can see it on my blog and I can see it on https://simpleslug.blogspot.com/ . Look for my blog on her blog roll. If you do not read her blog, give it a look. It's one of my favorite blogs. 

21 comments:

  1. I can't see your picture either on your blog or through Sluggy's blog. My son loved pb&j sandwiches, but only for lunch, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder why the picture cannot be seen? He rarely got pbj even after I broke down and bought pb for home. My son could get anything from my mother, her first grandchild. He could do no wrong.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Jan,
      Me too! But, I know better as should have my mother.

      Delete
  3. That’s a funny story about the PBJ.
    Sometimes it’s seems like a miracle our children ever grow up

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rhonda,
      When he was four, she had two two-year-old granddaughters coming along, so she was a little less lenient. He survived!

      Delete
  4. The link didn't work. Is MCLA Massachusetts College of Liberal Arts?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meg,
      Yes, I have got the link this time. It was so strange I posted a link to my own blog.

      Delete
    2. Okay...I have incredibly strong links to that institution! (When it was N.A.S.C.)

      Delete
    3. I grew up there. My father was professor/chairman of his department. I don't want to identify myself much more than that, but anybody with a minimum of investigative skills/memory of my comments, could easily figure out who I am. Not hiding, just private--after having grown up in such a small city as that one, you tend to relish your privacy!

      Delete
    4. How did your grandson wind up there?

      Delete
    5. Meg B.,
      He went there because his girlfriend was going there.

      Delete
    6. What did he think of the city? Is he still in Mass? I went to a mid-Atlantic state to go to college, and then moved to Boston upon graduation, though I qualified for free tuition at any Mass. state college or U--had I gone to MCLA and lived at home, I'd have had a free education. My family lived in N. Adams for many years following my father's retirement. Funny, but (back then at least) the public colleges and universities on the east coast were considered less prestigious than their private counterparts--it's quite different here on the west coast!

      Delete
    7. Meant to add--at the time, MCLA (N.A.S.C.) was considered the best Massachusetts state college. If my father was any indication, the students received a first class education.

      Delete
    8. Meg B.,
      My daughter and his hs had a good opinion of it. He was there about 6 years ago, I think. It is good to hear he was in a good place. Free tuition would be hard to turn down! That is interesting about the prestige of the colleges. Thanks for giving me this about the college.

      Delete
  5. I do not use peanut oil nor anything other vegetable or highly processed oil. The stages that those things go through to become shelf stable oils is gross and cause them to be very unhealthy. I stick with natural oils like butter, ghee, beef tallow, and bacon grease.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you can see the photo because it is stored on your computer.

    I usually keep a very small bottle of peanut oil. I use it when I am making a stir fry. It is an oil that can be heated to a high temperature and it has a lovely taste.

    Many years ago I bought a massive container to use in a turkey fryer.

    I rarely sew anymore I usually just use my machine to repair clothing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Janet,
      Actually, I can see it on other people's blog rolls. I don't know. I have not tried the oil yet. I expect to like it. Some day, I am sure I will use mine less.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...