Saturday, September 19, 2020

Plans That Did Not Happen

But, then some happened.

I had several acquisitions and plans that were for my birthday week that did not happen but are still in our plans. Since I wrote this, some have happened.

* BBQ at Top Hat. They were closed on Mon and Tues when we went up last. Tommy was really looking forward to this. We will go some Wednesday or Thursday.

*Going to Colony, town established as backlash to racism (I have been told.) in the county. We were going there when we went to Top Hat. We may do this at the same time.

* Electric flyswatter was not for my birthday. I just intended to get it last week and forgot when I went to Lowe's. Lots of produce comes with flying things. Plus, Tommy has to hold the door open so long that flies and mosquitoes are coming in. DONE

 * Sedum Joy. Mine was stolen by backyard neighbors. I had had it for at least 30 years. And, the pot was nice. I am not going to buy a new pot yet as I will try to get a used one from the side of the road...lol. This time of year, the sedum would have been pink. Haven't looked lately.

* Chips and dip. Ruffles are my favorite chips. I had two free coupons for $4.29 each for two different Lay's items. I got Ruffles for me and Fritos for Tommy. I used a tiny package of Velveeta cheese as dip. the package came out of mac n cheese with whole wheat pasta, and I cannot stand whole wheat pasta. Okay, we finally opened those after the week was over. DONE

* The floormats are still not installed. But, we need to take it to a vacuum for cars, first. The floor is not very dirty, but I hate to put the mats down on the dirt that is there, grinding it in the carpet. When I bought the car, there was a mat on the driver's side that was flimsier than a kitchen dishwashing glove. Then, when I took it to a shop, they put down paper over that. So, I have managed to have two thin means of protection. Both were light enough I could shake them out.  I keep forgetting about taking it to the vacuum. I suppose I will wait for a dry day for this chore. DONE

Saturday, today, I had other plans--wash residue from around windows from pollen and mold. That will not happen. Tommy needs to take all the sweet potatoes that are left from last fall. We do have losses but still they are worth the price I pay. Plus, he will wash the found chairs so I can get them out of the weather. There are spider webs underneath and sheetrock dust everywhere else. I still have dishes, cooking, and freezing to keep me busy. 

There was no bucket here, so I went to Dollar Tree to buy one. Maybe I can score a free 3 gallon bucket soon. At DT. I bought the two-pack of square brownie/cake pans. Brownies are going to be my go-to gift of food from now on. 

There are other plans. 

Chair washing is postponed to Sunday. Today, we took three bags of food to store parking lot and gave them to one woman. 

I still need to vacuum under the mats I finally put down.

Saturday, Tommy could do more, but I soon gave out. Well, I could have done more, but that would have caused me such pain tomorrow, so I held off and quit. If I am too exhausted, I won't be able to sleep like last night and then have to take a nap. 

Do you ever plan a little and it is too much for you to do? 



8 comments:

  1. I like that you make your plans but you also know your limits. I do the same and I know what I'll delay if I have to make quick decisions on any given day. Some days I get so much done and other days, it's a big job just to get dinner done and maybe a load of laundry washed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joyful,
      You described my dilemma correctly. After I posted on Saturday, The sweet potato sorting and the chair washing along with washing the gunky pollen from the edges of the windows were all pushed to Sunday. I won't have much to do with the sorting or washing the chairs except for getting him set up. The pollen removal can happen or be pushed to another day. Dinner tonight almost did not happen! And, it was not complicated. You understand!

      Delete
  2. My knee acts up, and then somethings are just exhausting. I have a to do list tha tis longer than hours in the day, so I just do what I can.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SAM,
      I have a knee that can bother me, too. With fibrommyalgia, everything exhausts me. There is only so much I can do.

      Delete
  3. I usually have more plans than energy to get them all done in a day. You can't go wrong with brownies as a gift.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you did a lot; the rest shan't wait for 'some day' but soon I hope.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Urspo,
      It is all a "some day" plan...lol. However, one more thing was done today and another later today.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...