Wednesday, October 21, 2020

Beautiful Wednesday and Paying Bills

It is so beautiful outside and 84F at 4 pm! Lots of white fluffy clouds are in one area of the sky. The rest of the sky has large and small fluffy clouds but plenty of blue sky. I wish I could save a bit of blue sky and bright sun for this winter!

Last week when we took a burger to the lake in the city to eat lunch, the lake and park were closed for maintenance. Same today. They are probably putting up the Halloween lights. We picked up our to-go lunches and our friends followed us to the lake. Well, we decided to go to the park near my house. 

We did and lunch was so pleasant with our friends. We were in the shade and there was a light breeze. The whole experience was perfect since there were no flies.

Today, the lunch was soup and salad and commercial cookies. Tommy and I had water we had in the car. 

She and I both had doctor appointments. Mine was x-rays at the dentist, so I got that done. I am dropping my dental insurance, I think. I have paid $42 dollars/month for 13 months and this is my first visit except for cleaning last week or whenever it was. I think I can deposit money in an account just for dental visits. It appears there is no coverage for crowns! So, that money won't disappear into thin air. 

I was going to pay off one bill with my windfall. However, there is no interest on this debt. So, I am going to pay off my cc that has little on it, but a bit of interest.  

Tommy said he did not mind having soup and salad again. We received four lunches, so he has three left since I cann't eat it with peas in it. I will have a salad with tuna. 

The light will be gone soon, so I want to take a few Halloween items out to display. Tommy can put the things any way he wants to display things in the tree out front. 

I love coming home knowing dinner is ready. 

10 comments:

  1. I didn't have dental insurance for my kids either. It was about same as your cost per month and was just cheaper to pay for the cleanings out of pocket.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I may have missed that you're still doing lunches if differently. Glad you got to see friends.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SAM,
      This makes four out of five months we have all taken lunch and eaten at a picnic table. The church did for several years have a lunch inside. Then, they decided on pick up. We have been doing pickup for a while. These friends were ones we sat with at another lunch we all attended. We encouraged them to do this lunch, then to come meet us. They are a pleasant and talkative couple--88 and 90.

      Delete
  3. Getting teeth cleaned once here is almost the cost of your yearly dental insurance. Thankfully I have insurance. It barely covers what I need most years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joyful,
      Insurance is a good thing to have. Unless it will cover a crown, I am canceling it.

      Delete
  4. Dental is the only insurance I won't take. It rarely covers much other than cleanings, maybe giving a discount on other services, but not what I would call coverage. The cost of the insurance through my employer is cheap enough, but I can pay the cost of the cleaning and be out the same amount of money.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alice,
      This seemed okay until I needed more than cleanings, xrays, and one other thing, forgot what. Now, it just makes no sense.

      Delete
  5. A picnic with no flies is something to enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. kylie,
      There are about two weeks in spring and in the fall when the weather is spectacularly beautiful and there are no flies. We love it. Now, we may not have many flies from now on, but it won't be picnic weather.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...