Tuesday, October 20, 2020

Payoff

 We got an early start Tuesday and were gone from here by 11 am to get things on my list. I decided to return a call I had gotten, a message to return the call. Well, it was from Huntsville, needing me to come up. I said I would come up next week as I had plans to day and Wednesday and the rain would be too much to drive in later this week. As it turns out, she needed me to come this week.

Tommy was pumping gas, so I had to wait until he got back to the car by holding onto the luggage rack and slowly making his way. I asked him if we could go to Huntsville right now. He said okay. We grabbed a burger, fry, coke combo--Whopper Jr. We did stop at the park and eat. 

It took us 2.5 hours from the time we decided to go and a little longer on the way back due to a stop I needed to make. 

The car is now paid off by me with the check I cashed from the accident in 2018, the one where I was hit by the 15 passenger van. I got little for my pain and ptsd in cars and the loss and replacement of my car.

Whew! And, he is happy. I went into my bank, paid off the car loan he got, and got him a cashier's check for what he had paid and for other money for things lately. 

Then, I had to stop by another attorney's office and sign papers there. Whew! 

I knew he needed something for the ride home. So, we got a DQ special--two 2-finger specials for $4. I told him that was his protein for tonight. Right now, water is boiling for pasta. There is a partial bottle of spaghetti sauce that I will not embellish, just use straight from the jar. 

It was a long day. I still needed to go to the store, so we did and got home at 7:15 tonight. 

Isn't it such a good feeling to have an ordeal behind and pay off a big debt?

11 comments:

  1. I know how I would feel if I was in your situation. What a huge relief and what a huge item to cross off your list with satisfaction.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joyful,
      The wreck is as far behind me as it will get, but the settlement is satisfying.

      Delete
  2. I'm glad tommy is doing better eating something before driving. I do say though I worry about reflexes driving if he has to use support to walk to the car. Congratulations on paying off the debt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SAM,
      It all boils down to me being successful in getting him to eat...lol. Once he is seated, he is fine. Well, not so bad, but he does not have to balance.nI do worry.

      Delete
    2. SAM,
      I am doing better making sure he is eating...lol. Lack of the ability to walk has nothing to do with driving. Thanks. It feels good to pay him.

      Delete
  3. So glad that you were able to enjoy the feeling of being rid of a debt. Pasta sounds like a good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That would be a huge relief. I can imagine how happy you are about it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. yes. there is no satisfaction like that of a task done and well done.

    ReplyDelete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...