Thursday, October 22, 2020

Dentist, Voting, Ghosts, Vaccine, Ballot

 At the dentist on Wednesday, the hygienist asked me to swish a liquid for at least 30 seconds. It tasted like mouthwash. Tonight, I was reading an ARTICLE that was discussing the efficacy of using mouthwash to reduce the viral load of covid19. So, I will be swishing with mouthwash every day and most likely after I come in contact, no matter how close or distanced, with anyone who is not Tommy. Interesting? 

Okay, so that was just debunked, so no need for forty people to tell me...lol.

On Wednesday, my absentee ballot arrived. Oh MY Gosh! It is so complicated. Not the ballot, but the paperwork that goes with it. But, I will tackle it once I am rested. Okay, it is Thursday and I am relatively rested. I will go online to learn about the options on the back of the ballot.

I brought out the rest of the Halloween decorations where Tommy could reach them. I asked him to bring in certain things to hang. He came back and told me there was a bag of six ghosts. Obviously, I overlooked those. Soooo, I spent the next thirty minutes gettng them ready to hang. They are long, white plastic bags that need to be stuffed, have head tied off, and a hanger attached. We opted to stuff with plastic bags instead of paper. He is now out in the yard decorating the tree in the front yard. 

There is a pumpkin to hang. I suggested his hanging it on the ramp railing. He had a better idea--hang it on the small shepherd's hook. I was bemoaning the fact we would have to go out and turn off the lights on one decoration--4 stakes. He said he was thinking about sticking them in my flower/veg pots. So, he is actively participating and thinking about the decorating the yard before I comment on anything. 

We both needed this distraction. The $3 spent last fall was well-spent. Friday, I spent another $3, the last I will spend. 

Speaking of distractions--he needed a food distraction. Last week, I bought two packages of Hot Pockets, one for each week, just something different for him. I wasn't crazy about them. When we do get a burger, he always pays and it is his idea 90% of the time. I know he is going to eat this stuff, but I am trying to reduce the cost. 

Friday, we both had a flu vaccine at Publix, collected our $10 gift card, and spent it--buy2get1 Dasani Water, two a2milk half gallons for $4.59/each, bananas. I did get bowtie pasta. So, we were out $5 for the haul. 

We did fill out our absentee ballots. Since I need to renew my driver's license, I am afraid to make a copy of the expired dl and send it in. That means I will have my picture made with covid hair. GAH! It is a fright, so straight. I will have it to remember this time forever. Then, we have to get them in the mail asap. 

I am in the Halloween mood. With my black and white outfit, I am wearing my silver-black bracelet and a huge spider ring with purple stones. I feel spooky festive...lol. 

Last night, Tommy said there was a bag full of ghosts. So, we stuffed ghosts and he has decorated the yard. It looks quite festive. I had him drive by and come back around the block and pass the house again so I could see it over and over. 

It was funny this evening when our arms starting hurting from the vaccine. I had mine in the right arm. I reached to the right and felt a twinge of pain. At just that moment Tommy said his arm had just started hurting. So, I suppose the vaccine does not hurt when you can complain to the person giving shots. We just whined a bit to each other. 

Okay, I have to go and slave heating this 2-cup container of soup for Tommy.  What are your plans so far for Halloween decorating or celebrating? 


13 comments:

  1. We don't bother decorating for Halloween but I already have Dollar Tree Thanksgiving window stickers up. I found some really cute ones when I was there. Where we live no one comes trick or treating as it is kind of far out. I don't even know if they are allowing trick or treat this year with covid. When I was a child we lived in a big city but my mom didn't allow us to go trick or treating because she was a teacher and the school system there had a large party instead in the school yard.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ann,
      If I did not find all this stuff cheap, we would not be putting it up in yard and in house! There were no kids coming here and probably won't this year. My kids went out to beg candy and went to the school party too. I was not a teacher then. I don't know what I will do for Thanksgiving--maybe pine cone turkeys from our handprints. We will see. It is a cheap thing to do.

      Delete
  2. I had to rinse for 30 seconds at my dentist appointment as well.

    I have a "Happy Fall Y'all" vase with some fall foliage/flowers in it and some fall themed placemats for the kitchen table. That's the extent of my decorating. Hubby bought mums for the front porch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alice,
      Even after covid is over, rinsing with mouthwash might be a good idea to curb disease transmission. If we did not have these decorations, we would just go for fall. Good deal.

      Delete
  3. I'm glad you got your flu shot already. I had planned to get mine by now but the plan went awry as I got caught up with other things. Hopefully I can do it early next week. No plans for Hallowe'en but it sounds like you are all organized. I'm skipping right ahead to Christmas. I like Christmas twinkling lights and I hope next week to first clean my carpets, then get the decorations out of storage and begin in early November for decorating. I always plan to get the Christmas decor up early and never do for one reason or another. This year it might actually happen. We already had our Thanksgiving in early October so we can jump to Christmas. Happy Hallowe'en to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joyful,
      I was afraid I would be ill and not able to get the vaccine! I think jumping ahead to Christmas and doing it early sounds perfect. I am sure this year you will get those lights up early.

      Delete
    2. Thanks for the vote of confidence. I am hopeful :-)

      Delete
    3. Joyful,
      You can sure give it a good try!

      Delete
  4. Your house sounds adorable. Maybe a picture of it for all of us to see?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne,
      We are pleased as punch, but it is probably not picture-worthy. I will have to figure out how to get a picture on here. I need lessons...lol.

      Delete
  5. I read this backwards; all the trimmings are up. I kept nothing back.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My son had dental treatment at Hummingbird Dental "the Best dentists in Richmond Hill" and I'm happy to say that he is no longer afraid of dentists. Dr. Behrooz and his staff were very kind and professional, I'm extremely happy with the service. Highly recommend this clinic!

    ReplyDelete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...