Tuesday, November 24, 2020

Domes and Abscess

 I was thinking of all the domes I see in restaurants on TV. I also wondered about the weather when folks are meeting relatives or friends outdoors this winter. Maybe it would not be safe but it seems that domes might work to visit while wearing masks in the dome. So, I looked for DOMES and found them from $19.99 to about $1500. In short, there is something for everyone. 

Maybe I would like a cheap one for sitting outside. The sun would keep it warm and the dome would keep the wind from freezing me. 

Monday afternoon, I began to feel more ill about 1 pm. Finally at 5:30 pm, I realized I had not taken my noon dose! So, by that time, I was very ill. My ear hurts, my neck and temple. Here on Monday night, I am trying to squeeze all the doses in. Maybe I will be okay. 

Making my bed was horrendous. My child made the bed by crawling all over it and did a lot of crawling around. I was not nearly as cute as my child was. And, I almost fell off the bed with the mattress half off the bed. 

I would never have washed three loads on Monday and stripped my bed to boot if I had realized how ill I was. Now, it has to be hung up, but the folding of items from the dryer can wait. 

Thanksgiving may happen or not. It just depends on how ill I am. It can be delayed for our part. I have added Brussels sprouts to the menu. 

Dinner on Monday was Chicken Italian Sausages and Brussels sprouts and fruit. That was for Tommy. I had a boiled egg, Brussels sprouts and candy. 

I had him wake me at 3 am to take a pill. Usually, I figure sleep is healing and take antiobiotic a few hours later if I have to wake up in night. This was hurting so that I figured I needed pill more than sleep. Fortunately, I did not have reflux or I would have had to sit up for a while and wake myself so I could not sleep. 

Luckily, I went back to sleep immediately! Rod Stewart works! 

He woke me again at 9 am and I got up to take the next antibiotic. 

At 10 am, I had my usual banana and milk for breakfast. Well, half the banana was rotten as I ate it. I don not mean just dark in the middle. I mean yuckyrotten all the way through. Okay, toss that. Wish I still had chickens to save the rot.

I am prepared with another 10 bananas. So, I chose one and started eating. Nope, fully rotten. I guess I finally got a whole banana in me. 

Why do I have ten bananas? Yesterday, I thought i was out and definitely wanted enough to eat and put in jello. So, I bought another 6 to go with the 5 I had. I don't feel well. Don't yell at me...lol. 

Since I ate all my boiled eggs, I think I will boil more. They are easy on my tooth and have plenty of protein to carry me through the day. Okay, part of the day. 

Have you had any thoughts about how a dome might be nice, even if just for sitting? Are there any glitches in your Thanksgiving this year? 


16 comments:

  1. we had a dining tent when the kids were little that they loved. Worked nice in cooler weather but not through Ohio winters.
    Just us for Tday and that is only if the turkey is thawed in time for Hubby to smoke it. Other wised it will be snacky stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chef,
      I cannot imagine even the ones used today would work.

      Delete
  2. Oh no, I hope the antibiotics work and you feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This summer we thought of buying a canvas canopy to sit under for shade while we visited, but we ended up not getting one. I have seen the plastic dome. It doesn't look like enough air gets inside them for good air circulation if we were gathering with others, plus we always have to worry about things being anchored down strongly enough for thunderstorm winds or just strong winds out of the blue. Our neighbor had a real nice carport style canvas canopy. It was sheltered from the wind in three directions and wouldn't you know that a strong thinderstorm wind came up out of the south, the unprotected direction and that wind bent the heavy poles and tore and just ruined the canvas carport. I was wanting to get one when I saw it. I ended up being glad we didn't. It seems like in the last few years we get stronger winds even on normal days than we used to. A couple of years ago my daughter's neighbor had their big deck umbrella that was well anchored blow off the deck and over into my daughter's car windshield stabbing into and breaking the glass. Of course, their neighbor's insurance paid for the repair.

    I sure hope your medicine works well and quickly so that you can enjoy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. susie,
      I have wondered, too, about how good the circulation inside was. I suppose you only share the virus with your group and not the other 50 people outdoors and in separate canopies. I have seen those canvas or metal canopies blown away or shredded by winds, so while i wanted one, I decided not to vet one. Umbrellas are stabby. Just think, it could have stabbed someone.

      I feel much better.

      Delete
  4. I'm so sorry you aren't feeling well. I hope by the time you read this your medicine will have kicked in and you are feeling much better. As for Thanksgiving, I agree it can wait until you feel up to it since it is only the two of you and you can celebrate any day you like. That is what I do too especially if I not up to all the cooking as I usually do it all in one day ;-)

    I have been very interested in the domes. I first saw them on line or on TV. I can't quite remember but it was in a European city where they showed domes all along the outside of places where people could sit and enjoy or some of them were at restaurants. We are slow to catch onto these things in Canada. But just last weekend I saw a restaurateur putting up domes outside his restaurant in preparation for the winter. They were just plastic ones, not the fancy, well constructed ones I saw being used in Europe and I think also Japan. I never thought about having one for myself but it would not be useful to use on my patio. People cannot access it from the outside and I don't have a yard. I'm not sure I could take it with me but if I remember I am going to check it out more carefully.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joyful,
      Not much better. Thanksgiving will be delayed. After so many weeks I wondered how much people were spending on the items.

      Delete
    2. Sorry about your delayed Thanksgiving but health is very important. Please take care of yourself. I wasn't sure what you meant by "how much people were spending". Are you talking about what they are spending on domes?

      Delete
    3. Joyful,
      Yes, I see restaurants with a dozen domes or so and wondered how much they spend to stay open.

      Delete
  5. Tooth pain the worst. Hope you're feeling better soon!

    My husbands family is large, and for Thanksgiving and Christmas, we usually rent a meeting venue. It's a large house with several acres. Several places to sit and visit. Two living rooms, two dining rooms, a large kitchen with island for food and serving. Then an extra large room across the back where 15 or more 'lunchroom' type tables can be put. Three bathrooms. We typically have 80+ people throughout the day. With so many families, each can just come and go throughout the day if they have other obligations but many stay all day. That's canceled due to the fact that KY has a restriction right now on indoor gatherings. Two households only and no more than eight people.

    Hubby and I are having my kids and grands and may break the rule by having nine instead of eight. I could make someone stand on the porch, I guess.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne,
      I guess you will have to draw straws for who stands on the porch...lol.

      Delete
  6. I can understand a canopy sheltering you from the sun, but I'm not sure I get the dome thing. It not only looks airless and hot but most of the people in the pictures (in the link) were very small groups and were not around anyone else. What would be the point of that? Just stay away from other people if you're on a picnic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne,
      These are not used for picnics. Resturants are supplying these outdoors to curb the spread of coronavirus and to have customers.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...