Monday, November 16, 2020

Hint and Monday To-do List

 Last week, Tommy was doing something in the dining room or maybe just walking past. He came in with a box of chocolate pudding and said with a smile, "Look what I found in there!" I wondered how he "found" pudding. Now, I realize he wanted me to make it for him. I guess I will. I am not dense or unwilling to take a hint, but it was a day when I did not feel well or needed a nap or something. 

The woman to clean today was a no-show. I told Tommy when I hung up that the owner of the business would never send her. Why, oh why? 

Last night, Rod Stewart did not work to put me to sleep immediately. However, I was not in bed and fretting until dawn.  Tommy wanted the heat set to 63F which was fine with me. But, I am quite sure it was much cooler. Remember? This bedroom is the coldest room in the house. I have finally hit upon a way to keep my feet warm without having a small throw under the covers. The bedspread/quilt I bought works beautifully. The pink comforter is over that. 

I wanted to get Tommy a paint-by-number painting. He would reject it since he often yells about thoughtful presents I give him. So, today I asked him if he would paint one for me and he readily agreed, even looking happy about the prospect. He will pay for it. 

Did you ever have a paint-by-number painting? I may have. I do know my brother and maybe my sister did. If I had wanted one, I would have had one. I know my brother really enjoyed his paintings. 

It is about noon and I have plans for today:

* Go to store where woman knew someone to clean and ask her if the woman wants to clean.

* Find a CLEAN laundramat...same woman.

* Wash hair

* Put turkey in, bake, and take all meat from bones and freeze some. 

*  Wash a few dishes so I can wash hair and handle turkey in sink. 

I know it does not sound like much to do in one day, but I am capable of little.

What I have already done today:

* Gathered 5 boxes to be cut up and put in trash...Tommy's chore

* Put a few more foodstuffs on shelves. It is slow going. 

* Ate breakfast...yes, it is a chore.

* Took walk in house to keep blood sugar in check. 

The outdoor temperature is 60F and it is cool in the house since we don't have on any heat. I suppose the oven will take care of warmth in here. I think I will make the chocolate pudding for Tommy. It is instant, so will just mess up a bowl. 

1 pm, got to go.

Have you ever had a paint-by-number set? Any suggestions? Is anyone giving one for a gift this year?


12 comments:

  1. Wearing white athletic socks to bed will solve your cold feet problem.
    (Signed) One Who Knows

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't had a paint by number set since I was a child. Back then they were very, very popular and everyone had them. The trend didn't seem to last so long but I see they are back, just like colouring books. I think the paint by number sets are good as gifts and I hope Tommy enjoys his painting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joyful,
      I think he will like it a lot. He seemed to like the idea of painting one for me.

      Delete
  3. No paint by numbers people here. I bought a goose down comforter a few years ago and that has kept my feet warm. My bedroom is also quite chilly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Michelle,
      I have never seen so many as there are advertised. Mine is not goose down, just polyester. Alone, air crept under the bottom or through the stitching. It was cheap. The quilted bedspread is just enough to block the air leak, I suppose. I don't mind it being chilly, but it is never warm at all, even during the day or when the heat is on. AND, it is hot in the summer!

      Delete
  4. We sleep under a lightweight DOWN comforter year round. I LOVE a down comforter.

    I have friends who are doing these new paint by number paintings. They are so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Janet,
      Someday, I am going to have to spend the money on one. I know they are expensive.

      Thanks. That is good to know. I found one I would like for myself. I think I will get a dog picture for him.

      Delete
  5. I have a vague memory of having one or two sets in my youth.
    I wonder what happened to them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Urspo,
      It is too bad you do not have them. They are cooler looking now than then. Plus, old ones are worth a pretty penny. Maybe someone sent them with you.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...