Tuesday, November 17, 2020

No More Spending

 I have things bought and money left this month, allotted funds. So, I won't be spending anything else.  Actually, any extraneous spending is stopped for good. I need a few things from the grocery store, but that trip will happen on Thursday. 

Well, Tommy did not want chocolate pudding. He thought I did not know where it was. Funny! So, not a hint like I thought yesterday. 

On Monday night, I sucked something down the wrong way and got choked. I was frantically waving as I choked and motioning to pat my back. Tommy rushed as much as he could and thrust a bottle of water in my face. Later, he said he did not understand the patting on my back motions. Gee! I wonder what he thought grabbing my throat meant!

He hit me so hard on my back that I was stunned. He says he always does that to people who are choking and no one has ever complained. Liar! I was choking, gasping. crying, telling him not so hard. He continued to land blows on my spine. His hand just pounded down and remained in place. I kept trying to tell him to pat but hard, not to hit. I tried to fend him off. He continued to injure me and did not help one bit. I am fighting to breath and fighting him off. It was horrible. I will call 911 the next time!

So, I coughed for over two hours Tuesday night. Finally, I let up coughing a bit. I was exhausted. At 7 pm, I told him I did not have the energy to eat or to find something for him to eat. He offered to get BK. We did and spent $5.38 for dinner. I used a free coupon for a frozen Coke.  We used another for one order of fries. Wow, less than 10 fries for each of us. But, that is okay as we don't need them at all. 

I didn't get my hair washed! 

Someone is coming Wednesday to give an estimate on cleaning the house. Finally! The first thing is the refrigerator! 

Tuesday, I awoke at 4:30 a.m. and went to the bathroom. As I lay down, I was inflicted with the worst toothache I have had in 30 years. Well, I suppose it is the only one since then. I had to sneak in and get the clove oil and medicine case. I used clove oil repeatedly and finally took three baby aspirin. 

So, it is 8:30 a.m., and I feel awful. I need to get an antibiotic to quell this infection and get an appointment for a filling on Thursday. 

Unfortunately, we forgot to get mail in Cullman last week. So, we must return today. I had to dig mail out last week! Now, instead of election junk mail, I will be getting junk wanting me to sign up for a Medicare supplement. sigh

Tuesday evening

We went to Cullman. Got my mail. Bought bananas. 

Went to Dutch Oven Bakery where I bought a tiny funnel I need and a loaf of sourdough bread. As I checked out, I saw a sandwich someone was paying for. I ordered one for us to half--sourdough bread, honey  backed turkey, lettuce, tomato, cheddar cheese, sweet and sour dressing. It was delicious. Mennonites are great cooks. We had water that was in the car. 

Washed heavy spread of Tommy's that goes on the sofa as it was stinky. I knew the laundramat was clean. 

Went by my place and it is still there...lol. Called a doctor to see if I need to come see her or if she would give me an antibiotic for this tooth. I bought the antibiotic back in Hueytown. See? I did practically nothing, but then.

I bought a dishwasher! The guy asked me what I needed today, and I said, "I need a dishwasher that is not named 'Linda.'

I told Tommy last night that we really needed a dishwasher. He said I had to pay for it, pay for installation, and pay to have it removed when I move. 

Okay, I am so weak and tired from only slept for three hours and then the drive wore me to a nub. 

It will be delivered deep in December. So, I have no more money. But, that is okay. 

Have you ever choked so bad that you were afraid a bit?



26 comments:

  1. You mentioned a frozen coke--I have had that happen accidentally and don't consider it a treat. It loses it's zip, and I don't know how to drink them. Or was this an accident, too?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carole,
      He left in the freezer for six hours. Yes, it was an accident! I like a Coke a bit frosty but not frozen.

      Delete
    2. I never have ice in the freezer as it takes too much space. I often put a coke in the freezer until it is cold enough for my liking. Sometimes I forget it in there until the next day then I have to thaw it and since I'm impatient to drink it I will often drink it while it is half frozen, lol.

      Delete
    3. Joyful,
      Sometimes, I forget the Coke and it explodes! I keep trying to have ice cubes, but then I need the freezer for food. I love ice cubes.

      Delete
    4. I love ice cubes too and if I freeze a can of coke it sometimes explodes but thankfully that hasn't happened for some time.

      Delete
    5. Joyful,
      Tommy hands me a Coke that I don't know is frozen, and then it spews all over me, sofa, and blanket. I hate that.

      Delete
  2. Yes lots of times
    Spending a bit or money for someone else to clean the house is way worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never hired anyone to clean the house. My house is so messy right now, I'd have to clean it up first.

    Sorry about your choking incident and coughing after, and your tooth ache. Hope you will feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. susie,
      I am ashamed to have a cleaning person see this house, and it is not even mine!

      It was a rough day, but I have an appointment for dentist on Thursday.

      Delete
    2. I guess one added bonus of having someone to come and clean is that we're motivated to keep it at least tidy. The night before the cleaning lady comes is "clean-the-house-because-the-cleaning-lady-is-coming" day. We pick up and organize so that she can do her work of scrubbing.

      Delete
    3. Alice,
      I was surprised when Tommy started straightening things and picking up. Hopefully, we are motivated and capable of doing the same and clean before the cleaning lady comes.

      Delete
  4. Oh my! You had quite the day. I hope it only gets better from here on in. I'm glad you survived the back pounding by Tommy. I'm sure you'll be happy with the dishwasher.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joyful,
      My back is still hurting!!! I cannot imagine not liking the dishwasher. Thanks.

      Delete
  5. We're not buying anything... except food. Glad that you are ok. Linda coughs/chokes fairly often. It is scary, but I know how to deal with it if she gets in trouble... which has not happened. Yet.

    Glad you are OK.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Greg,
      Thanks. I keep telling Tommy how to help me, but he insists he is doing it right and will do the same thing if I choke again. I am glad you know how to help.

      Delete
  6. Gosh choking like that would have been so frightening. I'm glad you're ok!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I got choked one time at my workplace and thought I was going to die. I remember almost throwing myself onto the back of a chair to do a self-imposed Heimlich maneuver. Thankfully one of the other accounting folks was an EMT / first responder. It was a very scary situation. This was circa 1998 and I can remember it like it was yesterday.

    We have a lady who comes to clean the house every other week. I do some in between, but she does the kitchen and bathroom floors, sinks, counters. She cleans the living room and hallway hardwood floors. Scrubs the tubs, showers, and toilets.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alice,
      I just told Tommy to call 911 if I ever get choked again. I am glad you had someone to help you. My goodness, that is a long-lived memory. I can imagine how frightened you were.

      I hope to get a schedule going for this house. Neither he nor I can handle it. We would do things in between, too.

      Delete
  8. A vitamin pill got stuck in my throat 2 years ago and I thought taking another one would knock it down. They got wedged in there and I couldn't breath, I was alone in the house at the time and could not even gasp. It was awful. Finally a tiny bit of air passed thru and I was struggling to just get in more. I hoped I wouldn't die. Wanted to write a final note to my family but kept struggling to get air instead. It took over an hour to get the pills down and about 2 hours to recover. I am VERY careful when I take a vit now and still fear choking ALOT. It was a very bad experience

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ann,
      I do understand. I had someone call 911 for me a few years ago. I could not breath and went to ER in an ambulance. But, it was rice that choked me. I eat rice carefully now. I had the same thoughts of dying and ran outside to get help since I could not talk. I was not going to die on the bathroom floor. Someone did come by and call for me. Hopefully, neither us does this again.

      Delete
  9. Oh yes and you might have your esophagus looked at hubs grows shut and he chokes terrible.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kim,
      I do have my esophagus stretched, but not in a year. Thanks. It is a real problem.

      Delete
  10. Before I was diagnosed with and treated for Graves disease I had gotten to where things as small as Tylenol caplet would choke me as would the little bits of meat in hamburger, any stringy meat. I could only eat tender cooked chicken or fish. Not even the crispy cooked skin on chicken. Could barely chew bread to swallow. My thyroid gland was swollen to three times normal size. I lost quite a bit of weight during that stage of Graves, while it was still easy to swallow food I had it for quite a while and burned calories off like crazy,I was dieting at the time and was amazed that I had finally found a diet that worked...not, it turned out to be Graves. That choking on food is not funny. It was happening so often that I would often end up gagging during that time. After giving me some kind of medicine for a while to lower my thyroid activity down a bit, they made me drink radioactive iodine to kill off part of my thyroid gland. I think it killed off too much of my thyroid gland. Very hard to lose weight now, but easy to gain, but I will never forget how awful it was choking on food like that so often.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. susie,
      I have been having this problem for ten years, but it is not Graves, thank goodness. It sounds like you really had a hard time of it. I had half my thyroid removed but there was no cancer or lack of function. Bread is hard to swallow some days. And, chicken is easiest, but sometimes it hurts to go down. Amazingly, rice is what chokes me the most.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...