Sunday, November 15, 2020

Saturday Wind Up on Sunday

I screamed. Tommy was startled and asked me what was wrong. I somehow erased the whole post! I hate that. 

Saturday, he paid $10 for someone to vacuum the back end of the Rogue where we had two bags of sweet potatoes placed. I could taste dust in the front seat. He does not have an extension cord long enough for his little house vacuum to reach out there. Neither of us can vacuum at a commercial place. It is clean anyway! 

Dinner was so delicious, if I do say so myself--pork loin roast with bbq sauce on it, carrots cooked in the pork juice, green beans. Between the two of us, we finished off the whole can of beans. I froze a dinner portion with pork and half the pound of carrots that I cooked. There is enough pork in the refrigerator for two more meals. 

Also, at the yard sale, I found a fabulous, white, oval tablecloth 64" x 100". It was appliqued and embroidered. And PINK. I paid $1 for it and could sell it for a pretty penny on the internet. I am torn. 

In a big Tupperware bin, I am collecting things for my Big Pink Purse project for 2021. I bought 12 cosmetic bags for a quarter each. They still have a $6.99 price tag. From now until next year, I will collect things at a low price, but nice, new things. Except for the purses or backpacks, nothing will be used or limiting. 

If I win one of Sluggy's giveaways, I will add those to my Pink Purse stash. Well, I will have to eat the chocolate. 

Kathy, your prize is on the way! I mailed it Saturday morning. 

Saturday, I bought 4 books for Tommy, a bird book, a tree book, an insect book, and a wildflower book. I know he will like all of them. Later, I will buy a cd for bird songs. He will love that. I am going to give half of these for his December birthday and the other half for Christmas. He has binoculars bought by one of my followers. Well, she provided money to buy something for him. 

Tommy always asks me, "What kind of bird/tree/flower is that?" Most of the time I know. He knows lots of birds, too. When I was in hs, I had a tree book and an insect book. We had to have a leaf collection, an insect collection i biology. So, I learned a lot. I suppose I have forgotten lots, too. I really hated sticking pins in insects! Did you have to stab insects for an insect display?

He doesn't know it yet, but he is getting me books for Christmas. I will put a wish list on Amazon or someplace for him to choose.  He can do that and that way he will get me something I want and need...lol. 

Sunday is slipping away as he watches lots of movies, and, of course, I am lured by them.  I work during commercials. Of course, I cannot work steadily if it involves standing. 

My seat on my walker came loose and parts were lost. I did get parts to attach the seat. So, that needs to be done today. It is 65F at 2:30, and very nice out. 

I am still placing things on the kitchen shelves! It never ends since I can neither work fast nor for too long. Today, I may bake an apple pie, maybe not. If so, I will freeze for Thanksgiving.   Don't hold me to anything...lol. Today or tomorrow, I will bake the turkey.   

Have you started Thanksgiving cooking?                                                                                                                                                                                                         

20 comments:

  1. No cooking yet.Daughter has a vegan pie in freezer, that's it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope haven't started yet. I did buy a turkey and put it in my mom's freezer as I have no room in mine. I will cook the turkey and dressing and gravy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rachel,
    The turkey I am going to cook was not to large. I just had no room, either. But, I anted to get something done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well you are certainly beavering away at many different things. I know just how long it can take when yo have a lot of errands and organizing, sorting and so on. In between you have all the planning and cooking. I'm glad you are finding things for your Pink Purse Project. I'm so glad our Thanksgiving was held in early October because it is taking me this long to try and organize so many things inside (decluttering and cleaning) so I can get ready for Christmas. Today I put the big patio cover on the table. My goodness it is so large. Of course I could read the size on the box but it was the only one on sale. I cleaned the table and cushions. The table and chairs are now covered. Personally I would like to stack the chairs but then the patio cover will definitely be too big. As long as it covers the chairs and the table it is better but it looks like a huge covered boat, lol. I guess I'll have to leave it that way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joyful,
      It seems like I make little progress, but my back and energy can only take so much. I have seen those kinds of covers for table and chairs. Along as it keeps everything from blowing away! It will take lots to get everything ready around here for Christmas. But, if it does not get done, it won't be because I did not try...lol.

      Delete
    2. I know you will try. Your perseverance is amazing. It's good to keep trying. The alternative is not so great. That's what keeps me going, lol. I'm sure you enjoyed the pork roast dinner. We enjoyed ours the other day. Right now I'm making ham dinner. We don't usually eat quite so heavily day after day.

      Delete
    3. Joyful,
      I was thinking this is a lot of heavy food--pork three nights in a row! Tonight, we had skillet lasagna. I did not need that much pasta, but it was delicious. This place would be knee deep if I did not keep trying. Sometimes, I even get Tommy to join in...lol.

      Delete
    4. Who had pork 3 nights in a row? At my house we had pork last Thursday and again on Sunday. In between we had soup one night and veggie sandwich on Saturday. After making a big meal we of course have leftovers which we usually have for lunch next day and freeze some for another meal. What is skillet lasagna? Is that where you warm up lasagna you made earlier or is like hamburger helper type of meal?

      Delete
    5. Joyful,
      I was talking about me serving it three nights in a row, but then I served lasagna.

      Delete
    6. LOL, OIC. I wasn't sure. But anyway if you want to eat pork three days in a row, no problem. I find when the weather changes my appetite changes with it. I get hungry when it gets cold and salad and cold food won't do for chilly temperatures indoors and out. It is easier to cook one pot roast or chicken and have that over several days too when one doesn't feel up to cooking every day. Tonight I was going to cook but instead I'll just have leftovers.

      Delete
    7. Joyful,
      I, too, love one pot meals! I think I will make a taco casserole that ends up like taco soup when cooked in the crock pot.

      Delete
  5. Just hate when that happens.
    I haven't started cooking but I did buy the ingredients to do my turkey.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's probably just going to me Thanksgiving so I'm making my favorites- Patti LaBelle's mac/cheese and pumpkin swirl cheesecake.My GS will just be home from college and frankly, I don't want to be around him yet and my nephew will probably spend the night with my sis so there goes my bubble LOL. I am going to make my monthly trek to Aldi this week right when they open and hopefully, get what I need. I'm just not comfortable going to any other store even with a mask. I know 2 more people who have Covid now- our numbers keep going up and we have no mask mandate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nan,
      It is a mixed blessing that I don't have anyone coming. But, there will be no one to infect me. I suppose if you are alone, you should eat what you like. Those two things sound wonderful. I only know one person personally that has had the virus. I think we have a mask mandate. But, in stores that insist on a mask, even the employees have their hanging below nose, sometimes only covering their chin.

      Delete
  7. Thanks so much!! So exciting, as I never win anything. :)
    Your pork dinner sounds good. I think I will cook a pork loin this week too.
    I'm sure Tommy will enjoy his presents. Hope he has a nice birthday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kathy,
      You are welcome. I think it will be there on Tuesday. He enjoys nothing, so it will be a miracle if he likes what I choose.

      Delete
  8. Oh no, I've had those "how did I just delete my post???" moments too! Glad you got some good deals at the garage sale!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. COL,
      I deleted about three posts in one week. I wish I knew what key I hit that turned the whole post blue! Then, the next letter I hit deletes the whole post. The scream I gave was not a polite little squeal. It was one of terror. I need to find more yard sales like that and go onto ebay or somewhere and sell the items I find.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...