Saturday, November 14, 2020

Easy Chicken Parmesan, Great Saturday, Barnes and Nobles, Firehouse Subs, Yardsale

 Friday, I had a package of two chicken, onion, bell pepper kabobs. After I sprinkled the handy dried onions and Italian spices and baking it ten minutes,  I decided I would make Chicken Parm. I opened a jar of traditional spaghetti and spooned some over the chicken. I put it in the oven for another 10 or so minutes and cheese over it and put it back in the oven for a few minutes before I plated it. 

This dish was so delicious and easy. We may have this more often. Tommy ate my peppers, thankfully. We ate Romaine and tomato salad with the Chicken Parm. 

Right now, I am thawing a pork loin roast in a huge bowl of water. It will stay in the Crock Pot all night and I can decide on Saturday what it will become. 

Saturday

I had another $5 coupon and wanted to use it at a different Pig. However, as we drove, I could not find it. I went in anyway just to see the store. It was in a pretty town called McCalla. I did buy two or three things but left with little. It was a pretty drive, anyway.

Then, I went to a yard sale right near Tommy's house at a church. I found things for my Big Pink Purse project for next year. I had only planned to do four to six purses for next Christmas, but found 12 cosmetic bags for a quarter each. At least six go to the project. This is how I hope to fill six purses. If I can win one of Sluggy's giveaways, it will help to fill purses.

The cosmetic bags had the original tags on them for $6.99 each. 

For $1 I bought a badly tarnished silver chafing dish with the dish missing. One woman working the yard sale sad sarcastically, "I want you to bring that back when you have it cleaned up." We all laughed. I would be cleaning silver if I had made it out of my house with silver polish. 

There were three over-the-door racks with four hooks for $1 each. The guy insisted I take all three for $1 for the lot of three. Okay...Now I have three. One is for Tommy's bathroom so he will have a place to hang his towel. 

I went to Barnes and Nobles and bought 4 books for Tommy's birthday and Christmas.  When I went in I bought him a Starbuck's coffee and had someone take it to him. I bought us a brownie and two biscotti before I left. 

He thought the coffee was delicious. He said even cheap coffee is good when hot. But, Starbucks was good even when cool. I told him this was part of his birthday...lol. 

Then, since we saw a Firehouse Subs, we went there to get 5-gallon buckets with lids that have gaskets. They were $3 each. I bought a small sub to share. Instead, I was given and charged for a medium. It was more than enough to share. 

We were held up in the Saturday late afternoon traffic near the Galleria by a wreck. So, it was about 4:45 when we got home, barely light. Now, I took the pork loin roast from the crock pot and put the juice and baby carrots in a dish for the oven. I know I could have put them in the roast, but somehow I did not. I am very tired and I know he is, too. 

Dinner was wonderful!...roast pork loin with bbq sauce, carrots cooked in the juice, and green beans. We each ate half a can of green beans. Now, I am going to freeze carrots and pork loin for another meal. There is still left enough for two more meals. Everything we ate tonight was given to us. 

Great Saturday!

10 comments:

  1. I'm glad to hear you mention the cost of the 5 gallon buckets because I want to buy some. I went to buy the patio table cover the other night and saw some of the buckets with store logo on them for $4.99 Canadian. I guess that is a good deal since I see they are very expensive at places like uline.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joyful,
      Just make sure they are food grade. I have not priced any food grade buckets lately.

      Delete
    2. Oh yes, they are food grafe and come in 2 bucket sizes too. Lids cost a bit extra.

      Delete
    3. Joyful,
      Good! Food grade is important. The Firehouse Sub buckets came with lids that actually have gaskets.

      Delete
  2. food grade bucket at Menards is $7, lid is $1.50, gamma lid(you can unscrew instead of pry) is around $4.... last time I got them there. I found. I don't know if you have a store there. Some restaurants will give them to you, so will groceries if they have a deli or cake decorating section. Check bakeries also... might only have 3 gal instead of 5

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chef,
      I have never found free ones. Bakeries sell them. Wm, too. Everyone sells them.

      Delete
    2. I've thought of asking at restaurants but during this time of Covid, I don't want to take a chance on it.

      Delete
    3. There was only one customer in this place, and I had my mask on and so did one customer and two employees. So, I was okay with being there.

      Delete
  3. a great saturday indeed
    I love chicken parm !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Urspo,
      A bookstore and sub and driving around make for a great day these days. I think I put mozarella on it. I don't know why I did that, but it was delicous.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...