Friday, November 27, 2020

What happened leading up to, during, and after T-day

 Tuesday

I went to endodontist and he does not do IV sedation. And, because of my gag reflex he cannot use gas. So, he gave me two names. One in Birmingham and the other in Nashville. One is Birmingham no longer does root canal with iv sedation. So, I am left to call the one in Nashville who does iv sedation. That will mean a stay at a motel overnight.

Wednesday

Still ill and trying to make a mincemeat pie. I may get it done today. I tried to take  a nap and got up after 15 minutes. Then, I finally did nap. We gathered up a box of food, including sweet potatoes I bought and butter, and took it and found a woman who said her parents need it. All day, I have sat. Tommy had turkey and greens for dinner. I had crackers and cheese. Okay, it took me 8 hours to make the mincemeat pie! 

Who knew you needed an insulated mini-skirt? This is a result of mindless clicking because I feel so awful.

Thanksgiving

up at 9 am; nap at 10 am-2 pm;watched Chitty Chitty Bang bang; 4 pm mincemeat pie

By 4:30 pm, I decided to make something for dinner. I thawed turkey breast meat, put a bit of jarred gravy over our portions of turkey on plate, heated greens, baked 4 brown n serve rolls and called it dinner. It took monumental effort. 

We watched Psycho and The Birds. After the late night, I was asleep by 5 am.

Friday

Awoke at 9 am and took antibiotic. Slept until almost noon. I managed to color my hair. And, I will try to get something on the table again tonight. The tooth is still in pain and causing me a great deal of tiredness. 

I had decided not to decorate extensively or not at all for Thanksgiving. The Saturday after Thanksgiving is my day to start decorating, so there is that. I am not sure if I can get out the decorations. 

That was it, not much.


8 comments:

  1. This is our second year in a row with no decorating for either Thanksgiving or Christmas. As we age and our bodies start to go, some other things have to drop off too. Even the crèche. Certainly the strings of lights. We continue to celebrate in our hearts, without the trappings the world demands. Did you know that Japan does Christmas just like most of the U.S. and Europe — lights, wrapped gift exchange, decorated trees, Santa Claus — except for one thing and that is any mention of or reference to or connection with Jesus Christ? It’s true.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did you know that our winter festival was pagan in origin? The Christians sort of took over to quash the pagan festival. There is little now that has to do with Jesus except the creche. And, even that is not a true depiction since the wise men did not show up until two years later than the shepherds. It's true.

      Delete
  2. Ihope you get your procedure done and get better. I am curious-where do you go that you find people that need food? OTher than donating, or passing to someone on a corner with sings, I wouldn't know where to give food away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SAM,
      We drive to the PIG. Many of the people who shop there are very poor and look so. We just stop and roll the window down. I tell the person I have some food, all good, that I cannot would they like it or do they know someone who will use it. Tommy always asks if they need food, and I think that is insulting. He then tells them how how the food will help them. I just say I have too much and that some of it I do not like. Tommy wants them to be grateful and needy. I just want to know if they will use it or can give it to someone who can use it.

      Delete
  3. I did not know there was such a thing as an isolated mini-skirt

    ReplyDelete
  4. I’m sorry your having such bad time with your health.

    No, I don’t think insulation would help much at all on a mini skirt. 😂

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rhonda,
    This abcess came out of the blue! According to the hype, yes insulation does help in a mini-skirt.

    ReplyDelete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...