Sunday, December 27, 2020

Santa Mouse and Christmas Socks

 When my older two were just babies, I bought a book, Santa Mouse. There was also a stuffed Santa Mouse to buy. I bought both and they enjoyed playing with Santa Mouse and hearing me read the book for a week or so before Christmas. I took both and put them away so they could read it next year. I have had this book and Santa Mouse for about 50 years.

Yes, my blogmas continues. 

When the son was just two and I was pregnant, I read "Twas the Night Before Christmas" way too many times. I read to my children from the time they were born. The oldest is an English teacher, father to a boy and girl,  and the younger is a first grade teacher. The middle child, a girl, read to her children, a boy and girl, the smartest grandchildren in the world except for the other two grandchildren. (Yes, I know you have some of those, too.)

I forgot one acquisition on Saturday. As I came out of the store, on the ground on the pavement, was a stem of holly or something with red berries. I know it has a name, but the berries are all along the stem. So, one free decoration for next year. 

In one store, there was a pair of Christmas socks for men. It said so on the tag. Well, it looked like something just for me. The socks were red and white striped with the green toes and heel. Along the top was elastic and pointy elf decorations along with the green elasticized band. So, I cut off the elastic band because it was too tight. Now, I am wearing red and white socks to keep warm. Tommy laughs every time he sees them because he said he likes them and they are cute on me. They feel festive. 

Have you ever heard of Santa Mouse, the toy or book? Do you have it? Did you have a Christmas book you read on demand over and over? 

6 comments:

  1. I still have my Santa Mouse Mother gave me for my Christmas tree. She read it to us many times at Christmas time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine is a stuffed toy over a foot high? Is yours an ornament? It sounds like it and I wish I had an ornament. My son is four years older than you, and I read it many times to my children. what a memory and someone to share it.

      Delete
  2. I am not familiar with Santa Mousem sounds cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh we have the Santa Mouse book and the stuffed mouse, but he is only about 8 inches tall. My children would leave cookies and milk for Santa and a piece of cheese for Santa Mouse on Christmas Eve. Fun memories!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kathy,
      I did not know he came in that size. We never left cheese for Santa Mouse. Now, I wish we had.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...