Saturday, December 26, 2020

The Day After Christmas and A Book on Dementia

We left the house before 7 am when the temperature was still in the 20s. After we did what we needed to do, I shopped...lol

Publix--half price Christmas socks. I will look like and elf. A Santa figurine in apron, working, goat cheese in blueberries, bogo Honey Nut Cheerios for Tommy. 

Big box--two light fixtures for Tommy's dark kitchen and dining room. Of course, one rang up at the wrong price, and that had to be rectified! Always something. 

Big Box-Christmas dish towels and potholders, candy, Santa commode seat cover, all 505 off. I resisted the urge to buy paper and ribbon since I have enough for the next ten Christmases. It is not that I have so much paper and ribbon, I just use so little as I do not wrap gifts when I mail them. Daughter and DIL do that for me. When I mail gifts, I mash them into a box.

I did not buy a lot today and did not intend to do so when I set out. When you do not get into the store until 1pm the day after Christmas, there is not much left or many people, thankfully.

I am going to buy this:

Beating the Dementia Monster: How I stopped the advance of cognitive impairment from Alzheimer Impairment, 2nd edition, Brown and Phatak

I stumbled across this and thought of one blogger whose mother is losing her memory and hoped this might help others, too. 

Christmas Day--Too ill to cook or even get my own food. So, I had a bologna sandwich or two. Tommy waited on me all day. I only got up to go to the bathroom.

Now that it is the day after Christmas, I might bake the turkey breast and four boneless, skinless chicken thighs. I never buy thighs. These were given to me. I did buy the turkey breast before Thanksgiving. 


12 comments:

  1. A Boxing Day Christmas. I'm sorry you didn't feel well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry you were sick over Christmas. We just stayed home all day too. All I have besides tree decorations for Christmas are 2 towels, Christmas pot holders from Dollar Tree and some wall reindeer from there. I hate to think of taking things down as it always seems so empty but we will wait at least a week yet

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ann,
      Thanks. I don't have lots, but a bit more than that. I know it looks dreary after all the different items and lights are gone.

      Delete
  3. I’m sorry you were sick on Christmas and I hope better days are ahead for you.
    I did no shopping today - hubby went to Lowe’s and got us a refrigerator filter and that’s truly all we needed

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rhonda,
      Thanks. It was rotten and I am still sick but not so much. Tommy needed those light fixtures! I bought things as I bought things we needed...you know how that goes.

      Delete
  4. Thanks for the pretty card- I didn't send one out this year. I know shame on me but I did gift a few clients with goodies and gift cards. My sis and I went to daughter's Christmas eve afternoon for 2 hours. Sis spent the night here and Christmas day we just ate my if I do say so delicious lasagna and then she went home. Yesterday I put away almost all the Christmas decorations. I did talk with my daughter and son who live in different states. Son got the vaccination last week- had no side effects at all but said the second one is supposed to be worse. I have lots to do so no time to be blue. I hope you're feeling better now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nan,
      I did not expect a card, really. It is nice you can help those clients with something for Christmas. I believe you about it being delicious. I love lasagna! Send me that instead of a card! I know you are glad your children got the shot with no deleterious effects. Feeling worse today.

      Delete
  5. I hope you are feeling better now. It's always fun to find Christmas things on clearance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One,
      No, I am feeling much worse after a rally! I love finding things on Christmas clearance!

      Delete
  6. The only things I know that have any clout for keeping down dementia is regular exercise and learning new things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That may be true and I may waste my money. How about proper sleep and eating right?

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...