Friday, March 5, 2021

Ball Canning Jars are Back

 For the last three weeks, it appears that Ball canning jars are back on the shelves. I don't need any, but some of you do. There were lids and rings, too. While I am not sure how long they will be abundant, maybe you should get supplies now before the rush during the late summer. 

Thursday, Tommy came to wake me at 9 am to go to Cullman and to picnic with his cousin. Well, the cousin cancelled because he had trouble sleeping the night before. Tommy said that I told him, "Just go away because I need more sleep." Well, I awoke at 12:30 as he was getting his lunch. 

I felt awful. One of my meds needed refilling, so I was suffering from the lack. It took me a couple of hours to start feeling normal/well. 

Milk was gone after I ate lunch. I needed an otc. I managed to spend a lot of money, but everything was a necessity. I had a $12 coupon for candy, so I was not buying a $3.98 bag. I did find a bag for $12.49 and bought that. It cost me $0.49 + tax, so about $1.50 for candy. A woman I see all the time was the recipient of candy two times, so now she asks where is her candy. I will give her some for a few weeks. There were 100 pieces. 

Tommy washed and dried my laundry and I discovered 6 things that needed to go into a skimpy load. That's annoying. But, I had just gotten out of bed. 

We missed Resident Alien and I am annoyed. Tommy does not know what happened that he did not find it. 

Tommy reported a bee was on a dandelion, so at least we will have one bee to gather pollen and pollinate the vegetables I will grow. I love all the signs of spring and the coming summer season. Hopefuly, other bees find their way to my house.

The tulips are done and flowers cut. Now, I will leave the tulip greenery until it fades away so there will be stored food for tulips another time. Since the tulips grew in water, I am not sure how much food they will store. Got any suggestions? 

Need canning jars?


10 comments:

  1. You'll be known as the Pied Piper if you keep giving away all that candy! Hope you feel better soon though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Treaders,
      I know! It was just a gesture, but now is expected. I am feeling better but tired.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Cindy,Thanks. I am feeling much better. I have a sinking, tired feeling as I recover. But, overall, I am much better.

      Delete
  3. Wow, that's a great candy coupon!! Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alice,
      Thanks. I thought so, too. I am and so did another lady. We will be enjoying it for a bit.

      Delete
  4. Wow a $12.00 coupon, but I would just eat all the candy. I have a terrible sweet tooth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kim,
      That is/was my fear. I have a chocolate tooth. But, I gave some of it away, and will set aside more to give away this next weekend. So, I am mitigating some of the damage.

      Delete
  5. Yes I do actually.
    They have been gone for a long while at Uncle Albertsons. I will have a look see next time I go shopping with my Pig bag.

    ReplyDelete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...