Saturday, March 6, 2021

Friday Night

 This feeling of malaise is getting me down. The only symptom is an earache. But, I am back to two naps a day. The moment I put my head to the pillow, I am sound asleep.

But. life goes on. Saturday night, we had baked sliced wedges with the Concord seasoning, about 25 cents. Then, green beans and meatballs. I think Tommy put bbq sauce on his meatballs.  It is not original, but we did not go out for food. But, Tommy really liked the potatoes. 

I told Tommy he had to help, so he did and came and got his plate, then my dipping sauce. Other little things that I needed he was willing to do. Then, I desperately needed to load the dishwasher, so he came in and handed dishes over to a dishtowel so I only had to load them. Otherwise, I would have to walk back and forth, all the way to the stove. I got everything, a lot, into the dishwasher except for an aluminum pie pan. Maybe if I rearranged it all, I could. But, I could barely stand because of pain in back. 

This dishwasher is so large and roomy that I could put two large colanders in it along with a pot and lots of other large items. 

Now, he is scouring out the stainless steel sink and all that entails with Barkeeper's Friend. I have told him that what we can do, we don't have to pay someone to do. He is all for that. Scouring the sink is something he can do. He also knows he can scour but not cook...lol.  

Yep, that is our Friday night. And, we don't care! I was too busy all day taking naps. 

Things I forgot to mention: I had bought a cheap set of plastic measuring cups. They are plastic and the measures wore off. Usually, I can tell the measure, but sometimes not. So, I bought a too expensive set of stainless steel. I like them because the handle is a loop and can be hooked onto a spike in the dishwasher and not be knocked over and filled with water.  I have no idea what I did with the utility knife and purchased a new one. I left three behind at my house, so now I have two. 

I have been wanting Tommy to get rid of the mesh poofs in his shower since it has been ten years since he has used one. Also, there is the little spiky thing to sit soap on inside a soap dish so the soap won't drown in water drippings. He was adamant that I not wash it. Oh, and he wanted the poofs. 

On Wednesday, I mentioned once again that I ought to wash the plastic soap rest and two other plastic things in the shower, that the dishwasher would get them clean. He said, "Why not just throw them away?" Sooo, I tossed the two puffs. Two of the plastic things in the shower were actually one broken thing that is a suction cup. I did throw that away. Of course, I forgot to put the soap rest into the dishwasher as I planned. Things get better around here bit by bit. 

Amazingly, he just called me to inspect the sink. It shines so it appears to be new.  I told him that in the morning we are going to work on all these lids for the pyrex. He was agreeable and always has been about drying lids. I really hate to put them in the dishwasher. 

He is resting and then going to eat strawberries. I told him to eat the rest of them. There must be two cups left and another two cups of the juice. I thawed a gallon bag to make poke cake, but I have not had the energy. He can be so peaceable!  He ate strawberry yogurt with strawberries and a little of the juice. 

It is Saturday, and the ear is killing me. On and off yesterday the tinnutis ramped up. It went from white noise to crickets in my ear. Really, it sounded just like a cricket or two was in my ear. 

My shamrock hanging on the door frightens me. The first time it blew around, It sounded like someone was trying to get in. Plus, I could see the rounded top and thought it was someone's head. I know what it is now, but it still startles me! 

As soon as Gunsmoke goes off, we are checking to see if a church is having a yard sale.  They should start again since it is so warm and dry right now. And, it going to be in the 70s next week.

I think I will have a can of chicken broth right now. It is after noon, but I have not eaten yet.

4 comments:

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...