Sunday, April 25, 2021

Friday Bits on a Saturday Now Sunday

We have had no internet or wifi for the last 30 hours. It seems the storms tore up multiple places and ripped up Spectrum's system. However, we have no idea what happened or where, just not here. So, it is Sunday 
At least twice a day, I do my 90 second exercise. I no longer feel like I will die at the end of 30 seconds and am sure of dying after 60 seconds.  And, the push to 90 seconds is easy. But, instead of going for more time, I hope to go for more repetitions during the day. 

Having adjusted my medicine times, it appears I can still sleep for 8+ hours...sometimes. I no longer take the Claritin at night. Plus, I make an effort to take all of it by 9 pm instead of midnight or later. And, I take the Melatonin at least one hour before bed instead of when I go to bed. Also, I go to bed when I first become tired. I still need a nap or two some days, but I limit my sleep. I am not sure if this helps or not, but it seems I can take a four hour nap and still go to bed two hours later.

The new blanket, Vellux, feels so gross to my hands. It's yucky. But, it kept my feet warm on the two cold nights I used it. I still may return it. 

When we were listening to the lecture/book talk, we kept hearing a bird call. Tommy mentioned the fact to the people who work there. It turns out that there is a wild peacock in the woods behind the pavilion.  

Those pine woods are all planted since the 70s. We passed them on the way to the bowling alley when I bowled in a morning league. My youngest was not walking when we first went there for my league. She was the cutie with the bunny at Easter. 

I showed her the cows and she fell in love with all cows. She liked cows more than cats, dogs, or bunnies. When I was trying to get her ready the morning we bowled and she was not eating or cooperating with dressing, I reminded her we were going to see cows. Before she was a year old, she would cooperate in the morning if she heard we were going to see cows. So, that spot and the woods reminded me of her baby predilection for cows in the morning. 

Friday, we took bananas to the neighbor whose father died. She has two little boys. So, I supposed someone might like bananas. I only kept five of the reduced bananas and gave her about six.  Her little boy is so cute and friendly. There is nothing like cute smiles from toddlers. He is the little boy I saw standing in his yard looking at our Easter Egg tree. So, I suppose we are friends.

So, with the storm damage to Spectrum, we are back. 

Did a child of yours have a special feeling for an animal other than cats or dogs? 


2 comments:

  1. I liked reading you have good neighborhood rapport to bring them bananas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Urspo,
      Yes, and bananas make friends of children, too. They are a nice family.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...