Thursday, April 22, 2021

Phones and Me, Vaccine, Nightmare

 I love my flip phone. Most of the time when there is a problem with it, the problem is an operator problem! I love the Rugby phone from Samsung. But, I suppose it is phased out. I did buy my last one from Etsy or somewhere online for $100 and it is now broken from dropping it. 

The android was stolen two years ago, so I bought another cheaply for coupons and such. Finally, it quit working before I could get things set up. Since last summer, I have fretted with it and nothing works. Well, they tell me at ATT it has not been paid for since May 2020. I thought I had it on autopay, but obviously not. 

That leads me to having to shop for a phone! Just kill me now!

First, I usually consult my friend, Charlie. He knows everything about anything computer-y or phone-related. 

However, commercials do catch my eye. I saw the prettiest, blush Android or iPhone. It was so cute. -you know I like pink. When I was in the ATT store, the woman did not know what phone I was looking for. Well, I saw it over her shoulder. She said it was $1100.00. Yeah, I will be buying that. 

Finally, the young woman said they had a phone for me, but it was $70 so go to WM and get it for $30. Usually, the guys get tired of talking and their eyes glaze over since they only want to sell a phone. 

So, now I am in the market for phones. No criticism of owning more than one phone. I have kept phones for years. When a feature quits working, I find a work-around so I won't have to buy a new one. I have trouble holding an Android, so that is not a good phone for everyday use. But, the little flip phone won't do any thing but call. The trouble of texting on an Android or iPhone is just not worth it. 

Okay, about the Covid vaccine. I woke this morning with little pain at injection site, only when I touch it. Tommy's site is very painful and he cannot use his walker without extreme pain in his arm. So far, not a bad reaction for either of us.

Last night I had a nightmare. I had a very high temperature and my head hurt so that it felt like my head was too heavy for my body to hold. The whole ordeal was very frightening.  When I really awoke, I was much relieved not to be so sick. 

The woman at ATT suggested a tablet or something like that. I forgot what. What would you suggest in ATT version? I only use ATT. Like Samsung products.

8 comments:

  1. A tablet is like a small computer screen or like an overly large cell phone. I dislike them totally but Hubby likes his for home so he can sit in his recliner watch tv and play some game on the tablet. Daughter 4 has a tablet, she does okay with it. As she has no computer and her daughter gave her the tablet for free.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chef,
      Thanks. Charlie said tablet was okay. He did not seem overly enthusiastic. But, then I found out he had cataracts removed just before I called.

      Delete
  2. Good morning.
    Im sorry about your arms.. My friend got the Johnson and Johnson vaccine and she was fine but her arm starting hurting like a week later.. it was weird... As for phones. I miss my old Motorola Razor but those days are long gone. I recently got an iPhone 12 mini. it's small enough for my hands and does what I need it to do.. As for a tablet.. Last year I bought a Samsung TabS6 Tablet and I use it for everything.. I hope this helps.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Robyn,
      It was Tommy with the hurt arm, but it is better now. The information does help. I will write that down and look it up.

      Delete
  3. I empathize.
    I hate buying phones as they are too many and no one can figure out what is what. Someone does all our research and we buy what he concludes.
    Good luck.
    However, if you should get one with texting then I can text you good morning as I do with many of my friends.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Urspo,
      I need a Someone. Charlie is the best I have. But, he buys expensive phones.
      Thanks.
      I can receive texts on this one. However, I hate people who text me once they text me...lol. It is so hard to text on a flip phone. Now, though, I cannot text back because the phone has lost its ability to text.

      Delete
  4. I love my Iphone but it was expensive- 2 years old now and works very well. Can you get a phone with Assurance or safe link? The phones are nice now and you can upgrade to a smart phone. Some of my clients have them- not a lot of free minutes but I think unlimited texts. I was a little off with second Moderna vaccine but it didn't even last 12 hours. I feel so much safer now though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nan,
      I will add this to things I am going to explore. Thanks. I am glad you felt no worse.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...