Monday, May 3, 2021

May Groceries

 Today is the last day of the Publix ad, so I picked up a few sales.

4 lbs carrots @$0.79/lb. , so $3.16

3 59 oz cartons a2milk, 3/$10

1 carton grape tomatoes, 2/$4

2 6 -oz cartons ice cream for eating in the park. 4/$5, so $2.50

1 big pot $23.99

I spent ~$42.

We went to the park to sit, enjoy the trees, sun, wind, outdoors and watched kids preparing to play--all ages  baseball and tee ball. We did sit in the car with the windows partially down, not at a table. So, that was our outing today. 

Last night, I did not sleep a wink. Today, I did limit myself and slept only 4 hours. I am still a bit tired. Tonight, bedtime will be early. 

A cousin in Tupelo, MS had no damage as the tornado missed his house. Last week, another close relative had a 22-yr-old son die. I was so sorry for the father's loss, especially since they have to wait for an autopsy. 

Dinner tonight is hotdogs (no buns), slaw, tomatoes, beans/snaps leftovers. These hotdogs are supposed to be good for you. Consequently, they are not as delicious. 

The pot I have is too small to boil enough potatoes for potato salad, so I just snatched this one and bought it. I like that it has a vent hole in the top of the glass lid. Most do nowadays. 

Ice cream from the store is much cheaper than going to buy a cone and just as satisfying. One day, I bought a chicken breast from Publix and we shared that. I really prefer chicken to ice cream as a snack. There was nothing for a sandwich here except for the hotdogs. 

Now, we are going to wash dishes before dinner....sigh. 


6 comments:

  1. What happened to the new dishwasher?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like life - OK but the insomnia.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Urspo,
      Insomnia is the worst! Life just happens in the most mundane and satisfying ways.

      Delete
  3. Oh my, I'm so sorry for the loss of that 22 year old young man. That is so tragic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He was a relative I had never met. Yes, loss of young life is so tragic.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...