Wednesday, July 7, 2021

Wednesday This and That

 Our Tuesday lunch of chicken provided dinner Tuesday night. The whole chicken breasts were so large that neither of us could finish ours. When it came time to think about dinner, he said he would make a salad for himself. I ate a sandwich and slaw with my breast. I love an easy meal, and a cheap one, too. 

At noon on Wednesday, Tommy just wandered out and back in. He got his own lunch of beans and franks and slaw. If I keep food ready, he just helps himself instead of expecting me to get it. About half the time I do bring in his lunch. I just remembered--a week or two ago, he was adamant that he did not want vegetables for lunch. He gets up much earlier than I, and wants lunch before I even want breakfast. 

Tuesday, I was gutted when I found evidence of more thievery at my lot. Won't people ever give up? 

This afternoon, Tommy had to go pay two bills, so I went along and went to a store I shop at about every two months. Pork chops were $1.99/lb., so I bought a pack for <$6. Dinner will be pork chops, the rest of the fresh green beans, and the one potato along with a huge Vidalia onion. I hope the chops are good tasting. 

Then, I found amber Ball pint jars. They are short, squat, wide-mouth. I don't think I have seen amber jars for sale in ages. The dark glass keeps food from deteriorating in the light.  These are possibly the darkest jars I have ever seen. The amber jars will be used to store dehydrated foods if I ever dehydrate anything again. 

Have you seen amber, Ball jars in the stores? Do you use amber jars to protect food? 




4 comments:

  1. Some people are so shallow they think empty/ or not currnelty living or working at a lot, as public space. I'm sorry people are so rude and stealing from you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SAM,
      Thank you. I needed that. I called an attorney who is going to see what is going on. I already have the next door neighbor who thinks he can dump fence pieces there. I took care of that!

      Delete
  2. I have never seen amber ball jars before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kim,
      I have seen antique ones, but this is the first I have seen in a store.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...