Tuesday, July 6, 2021

How Do Your Trousers Break?

 By evening yesterday, Tommy had changed his mood about his khakis. He tried on the newer, larger-in-the-waist pair. He commented that he like the extra room. So, that was a positive. I offered to take back the smaller pair and get another of the larger size, but he said it was okay.  He was in a very good mood.

He said something about--"since you don't like my 'good pair' " and was smiling when he said it, referring to the pair with blue pockets that show. He knows when he is wrong, changes his mind and think just not being mad fixes everything! It doesn't!

If you wonder what the BREAK is, click on this sentence. This is how the break on a man's pant should be. 

I was so confused when I first shopped for his pants a couple of years ago. I knew I had seen him in pants in pleats and pants with cuffs. But, he was adamant about hating both. Finally, I told him he was wearing those when I met him. He had gone to the thrift store and gotten those pants! 

Today, we were listening to the news before noon. According to the weather, the rain was going to come in today and continue through the first of next week. I turned to him and asked him if we should just go right now. Within 10 minutes, I was clean and dressed. We stopped and got the senior lunch and took it to the park by the lake and ate. It was delicious--chicken breast baked, delicious green beans, hamburger bun, pears, lowfat chocolate milk, I had water.  Tommy made a chicken sandwich. I threw most of my bun to the birds. He ate the pears, I did not. 

We had been home for about an hour this evening when the rain started. But, I have my mail. It was really packed. Of course, if I did not get so much junk mail, box space could have lasted another three weeks. I did get a Good Housekeeping magazine. I have not had one of these in my hands for over 30 years. It has changed or I have, not sure.

My chair bottoms are done. I picked them up today and they exceeded my expectation. So, now I need fabric. When it quits raining, I will get fabric. 

 



4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Urspo,
      I will gladly share. I am sick of it. I know we can get rain showers many days, but it hate it every day for over a week.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...