Friday, August 20, 2021

Trump Coming to My Town

 I won't be there. They are directing traffic from the interstate which is how we would travel. Cullman is very excited. Today, Cullman declared a state of emergency because of covid, so I wonder how 20,000 unmasked people will fare. 

Cullman is in District 4, the best district in the US for Trump with over 80% voting for Trump for president in 2020. 

Friday, we left home at 2pm and got back at 5 pm. I waited in a parking lot because only one electric cart in The Pig was working. Finally, we went to another store. I left because my cart was beeping and dying at the back of the store. We went back to the Pig and I bought zucchini and squash, can of kale, and PB bogo, 2.$4. Then, we went to Publix where I got Tommy's milk, Pepsi on sale b2g1, and Coke b2g1. He will drink a diet Coke if he runs out of Diet Pepsi. But, if I have to drink a Diet Pepsi, water is better. 

I have never been so frustrated as I was today while shopping for groceries. But, it is my fault for going on a Friday afternoon. A young guy, high-schooler, customer said there was a ball game tonight. He said that was one reason for the crowd. I don't know. 

Right now, I must get Tommy onto "skinning carrots" while I prepare the bscb I thawed ready for baking. He will have peas and I will have green beans. Yes, from a can. I forgot to buy fresh green beans. 

Will you be in Cullman on Saturday to root for Trump on Saturday?  What are you planning for this weekend?

12 comments:

  1. The first time I went to Cullman our car broke down there back in the sixties while we were driving from Nebraska (where I was stationed in the Air Force) to Florida (where my wife’s parents lived) and while my car was being worked on we witnessed my first and only hooded rally of the Ku Klux Klan. It seems only fitting that Donald Trump would eventually show up there too. And no, I don’t plan to be there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. rhymes,
      That is interesting. What an experience. Where was the rally? Thanks for that.

      Delete
    2. Right in front of our astonished eyes. I don’t remember where exactly but since we were driving a 1961 Ford Falcon it might have been next to or across the road from the Ford dealership service area. I can’t remember whether I-65 was there then or if we were driving on US Hwy 31. It had to have been between 1963 and 1965, a long time ago.

      Delete
    3. rhymes,
      Tommy does not remember exactly either. Probably on 31.

      Delete
  2. I never go to Cullman so there is absolutely no reason for me to go now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't see Cullman in my Saturday plans.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SAM,
      Same here. Not one minute ago, I asked Tommy if we should run up there. He said something about rather have a colonoscopy. The traffic will be too bad, so even if I needed to go I would make other plans.

      Delete
  4. I agree with you about Pepsi. I'm a Diet Coke girl and would never touch a Pepsi (diet or regular) or Dr Pepper. I do drink other Pepsi products though, but I cannot stand Pepsi itself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ms Goose,
      I don't even like Aquafina, Pepsi's water. Dasani is so much better. Glad to know I am not alone about Pepsi.

      Delete
  5. My son-in-law used to be in the Homewood Police Dept. & later for the UAB campus police. In his retirement he has been asked to work security from time to time when VIPs come to Alabama. My daughter mentioned this morning that he is working in Cullman today with one of the TV networks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. rhymes,
      It would be such a hassle with traffic that I am glad I don't have to be there.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...