Monday, September 6, 2021

Hummingbird Feeder and Fountain

 I made this HUMMINGBIRD FEEDER like Robbie did. I made too many holes and too close together, but that won't hurt anything. I got 8 oz jars of Miracle Whip and the empty jars are perfect. However, by slitting the top of the cut off container, I can shove the lid onto the outside of the plastic jar instead of inside. I have one out right now for hummingbirds. I paid for three and this one was free.

Still, I can post my pictures, but I wanted to post this before winter is upon us. 

This is another FOUNTAIN, the first video I saw her make. The first part of the video is interesting, but the instructions I used starts at 24:00.  I made a red fountain from a red plastic bowl, a cheap one that looks like red cut glass. I used a new water bottle with the drinking spout that folds up to drink and then down to close. Of course, it is open. This fountain cost $2 for supplies other than the $7 solar powered pump. So, $9 total. 

You can also make a fountain for larger birds. Oh, wrap the pump in tulle to protect it from trash.

I only have the one shepherd's hook, a tall one. But, for a long time I have had a short one. It is too close to the ground, so that we cannot see it when we are in the house. I was bemoaning this. Tommy said maybe he could move a pot and stick the hook into the pot of dirt. Well, he didn't think that was high enough and set the first pot into a second, did not thing that was high enough and stack a third pot. It looks cute and works even though it is still short than the original. CUTE!

Robbie has wonderful videos. And, she is so nice and obviously loves hummingbirds. 

Okay, so no hummingbird pictures from me with feeders and fountains I made. Tough. Get over it. LOL, I will find someone else to show me or get with R again. Maybe a phone call with her will work.  But, these are wonderful, joyful videos. They inspire me to have a hummer empire of my own since I now know how to make free feeders.

Have you ever made a feeder for your hummingbirds or a fountain? 

6 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for stopping by!! I find that the Hummingbirds that visit our yard come more for the flowers I have planted and ignore the Hummingbird feeder that I have!! stay safe. healthy and happy!
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Debbie,
      I have no flowers, but the hummers find them elsewhere. Next year, I plan to have flowers.

      Delete
  2. I’ve not made a feeder myself, but am intrigued by this. I will definitely check out her videos as they sound fun to watch. Thank you for sharing them with us. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Belinda,
      The feeder is fun to make. And, Robbie is fun to listen to and watch.

      Delete
  3. Linda, Thank You for letting me know about Robbie & her videos. I agree she is very engaging.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Janet,
      Even if I were not interested in hummingbirds, I would listen to and watch her videos. Glad you enjoy them.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...