Tuesday, November 2, 2021

Tuesday in Cullman

Tuesday, we went to Cullman for my appointment with the oral surgeon about TMJ. I don't need surgery which I did not think I did. It seems I cannot eat certain foods if they cause pain. I sort of  knew that. I can get some sort of thing if I grind my teeth, which I don't. I never chew gum, anyway.  The clicking goes away when I don't eat caramels. 

I have had an earache for 11 months and it only went away when I found a sub for pseudoephedrine. The clicking started when the molar was pulled last year. I suppose I will spend my stimulus on the implant. 

I went to my place and looked at it while in the car. We went to the farmer who sells me sweet potatoes, Beauregard, and bought 40 pounds of sweet potatoes, and a container of green tomatoes. I hate fried green tomatoes, but Tommy loves them. So, I will cook fried green tomatoes for him and let some ripen for both of us.  

Then, we went out to the country to the Dutch Oven Bakery and had a sandwich made to order at the meat and cheese counter. I bought two pieces of candy that they have 3/$1, and a bottle of water for Tommy. I had a bottle. These sandwiches are delicious, better than fast food joints. We ate at a picnic table over near  a fence where the farmer keeps cows. Every time we have gone there, a cow comes over to sit by the fence and the table. And, there is always no place to eat. Today, we found an empty table and the cow did not come! Bummer! It was only 50 degrees and in the sun, but the wind was brisk, causing me to want to go. We left before I peed on myself. 

Since it had been so long since we ate and still had to drive home, I suggested DQ chicken fingers. Well, I got chicken fingers and Tommy ordered a Strawberry Sundae. I was so mad but he would eat nothing else. We won't be going to DQ again. I should have remembered the packs of crackers I keep for him. 

So, he was driving crazy all the way home! I was prepared to demand he pull over or call 911 about his driving. 

It was a beautiful day, plenty of sunshine and traffic  was not bad. I did not go to the store where I get bargains. And, I did not go to Publix. 

At one car lot, there was a yellow car, an orange car and a white one. It took me only seconds to figure it out. 

Dinner tonight is a smidgen of leftover meatloaf, leftover meat balls, collards and baked sweet potatoes. I cannot wait! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...