Friday, January 28, 2022

Dented Cans and Mansplaining

 Another example of MANSPLAINING GONE WRONG. Click for the story. 

I have things to do today! It's noon and I have not eaten breakfast. But, I just got up at 11 am. That great sleep was a positive way to start the day. On Wednesday night, I slept only five hours and had a hard day on Wednesday and Thursday. I needed last night's nine hours for recovery. 

Since the temp will be a high of 39F on Saturday, I have made plans to stay inside. 

My friend, Lynda, and her dog have solved a problem for me. Over the last two years, I have bought too many cans of meat with dents. (okay, only two) I rarely use dented cans. Her dog can eat them. She says the meats I give her are stretching the dog food and saving her money. I fed any dented can contents to my chickens. These dents extend to the lid, so I am not taking any chances. 

"Mansplaining is, at its core, a very specific thing. It's what occurs when a man talks condescendingly to someone (especially a woman) about something he has incomplete knowledge of, with the mistaken assumption that he knows more about it than the person he's talking to does."

Do you have an example of mansplaining? 

8 comments:

  1. Mansplaining is 85% of the time a man opens his mouth!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. slugmama,
      Oh, so true! I hate to have Tommy mansplain something to me that I already know.

      Delete
    2. That low a percentage, slugmama? ;^) '^)

      Delete
  2. Okay, that story was hilarious! I would have been a lot more aggressive about correcting that dude, though. Men like that need to be taken down a peg. And I would have told him that I can't waste my time dating stupid men who are arrogant to boot. But then, I am a gal who speaks her mind...LOL!

    My worst episode of mansplaining also had to do with periods! I was in the throes of menopause and had a whopper 43 day long period. My GP is a man, and of course I went to see him about it. He was compassionate and tried giving me hormones to fix it, but they didn't work. He then said, "It's just a symptom of menopause for some women, and you just have to put up with it." UHHHH. NOOOOO!!!
    I did some research on uterine ablation and hooked up with a boss bitch female OB-GYN and got everything sacked and burned into submission. Yeah. Like HELL I'm going to put up with bleeding for weeks at a time!

    Interestingly enough: my GP no longer does gynecological exams! He got out of that branch of the business. I still see him for my thyroid issues because he does a great job managing my meds. And he IS a nice guy. Just somewhat of a mansplainer when it comes to "putting up with" female problems. But I guess it's like consulting a Chevy mechanic about your Mercedes or Maybach...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sue,
      I called my obgyn about continuous bleeding for a little over a week and had an emergency D&C that afternoon. No, not putting up with that at all.

      Delete
  3. I have used product from dented cans many times. If I wouldn't eat it because I think it could make me sick, I sure wouldn't give it to the animals.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cheryl.
    Oh, I use them all the time, too. I figure dogs can handle it better or be smart enough to stop. Hope I am not wrong.

    ReplyDelete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...