Saturday, January 22, 2022

Recliners Claimed

 The recliners were put on the curb at about noon and were gone by 8 pm. Hurray! Someone can use them. I told Tommy that people will probably check for free furniture here. He has an old computer desk that needs to go. I mentioned that to him and he did not explode like he did last year. The whole thing is pressed wood, sawdust-like, and it is disintegrating. I had bought it for a hamper and he was not happy. Now, you would think it was his idea! 

I bought Tommy one of the soft cylindrical hampers. I had seen the turquoise and patterned ones, but did not think he would like that. Well, I found some nylon ones in grey, navy, and beige. I chose navy. He threw a holy fit, berated me and my effort and threw it. Then, Friday he had something in it. Friday night, I asked what he had in it. His dirty clothes! Why? Because I have nowhere to put them. ??? He is using the PO bin for his blanket, jacket and two small head pillows. He is so mercurial. 

This chair is so much more comfortable than the Lay z Boy. The only bad thing is it is not zero-gravity. My feet are not high enough, but I think I can add a pillow under my feet and calves to improve it. The L chair was just too mushy for my taste. Both of these chairs have very wide sitting and back area, unlike some chairs and recliners. 

It does not have the pillow that bends my neck too much. I even have to put a pillow there to rest my head. I am not smothered by this recliner. The La z boy was suffocating me, my arms and body. This one is quite firm, almost too much to some people, I am sure. I sit on it, not wrapped by the chair. The arms are wide enough but not so wide as the La z boy. 

In the space of one day, my back has quit hurting. Fridau night is the first night in months I was able to  bring Tommy his dinner. Usually, my back hurts so that I call him to come to the kitchen and fetch it himself. Tonight, we had chicken, sweet potatoes, and collards....again. My back is not better, just not hurting when I try to get up or walk. 

The day before we had these delivered, my left knee kept giving way. It was scary. And, this is my good knee! But, I barely twisted it, so it is not holding up. Hopefully, my knee will heal itself and not collapse. I was lucky that I was standing near something when the weakness occurred. \

Gotta go!

12 comments:

  1. Glad someone took the other chairs. Just perhaps the new chair will be good for your back - it sounds like it. I have a knee that goes now and then - luckily, I can brace it if it gets bad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad the new recliner is helping your back pain. I find back pain to be one of the worst things. Nice that the old chairs were removed so quickly. I'll bet you can start nudging Tommy to get rid of things here and there that way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One,
      Thanks. Me too! I have found out that he will yell the first time, and eventually start saying nothing, then acts like it is his idea or it is the first time he has heard what I mention! And, I make sure he has had a good meal before I mention anything. Hopefully, getting rid of a few things and acquiring other things he/we need.

      Delete
  3. when I lived in Chicago anything put out in the alley was 100% to be taken within 24 hours, no matter what odd or bad shape it was in. I liked this that someone somewhere was using it/profiting from it. Good for them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Urspo,
      I have a friend with a shop in Birmingham. Homeless people bring him things they find to make a bit of money. When I give stuff away, selling it is just fine with me as it does not go in the trash.

      Delete
  4. I'm sure those chairs will be a blessing for someone else. I hope your new chair helps your back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dime,
      I hope someone can make use of them. The new recliner is already helping my back! I do not expect a full recovery, but lack of pain is great.

      Delete
  5. I so hope these new chairs help your backs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kim,
      The recliner helps my back and knees and wrists and shoulders! Thanks.

      Delete
  6. Very happy to hear you have found a more comfy chair.

    ReplyDelete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...