Monday, January 3, 2022

SNOW in the South

 Tommy reminded me that I had mushrooms in the refrigerator. They were for salad or something. But, with this malaise and not being hungry, I had not been near the refrigerator. So, I put the mushrooms in a skillet and drizzled them with olive oil. The pickled Vidalia onions sounded good, so it went into the skillet along with garlic. I was going to add other things and top with the last of the jar of spaghetti sauce. 

It was strange because after all the sautéing, I could distinctly taste the pickled Vidalia onions and the separate taste of mushrooms. It was delicious. Too late, I thought about adding the bit of the jar of spaghetti sauce, but that would mean I had to get up from sitting. 

Tommy saw that the first episode of Cheers was on, so we stayed up too late and watched that. 

THEN, it snowed. It was really pretty and covered the ground well. I went out once to take pictures. But, later I was too afraid of ice, so I did not get any more.  After 80F on Saturday, this is all a shock...lol. 

Tommy went into the grocery store for bread and came back with ice cream, too, chocolate for me. When he came back, he triumphantly brought the ad. Once home, I went over it and circled what I wanted. He did the same. So, we made a list. We are such an exciting pair. 

At noon, there was snow on top of the car, so it is over. 

13 comments:

  1. I bet getting snow there is pretty ecxciting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's quite a temperature change! I had some extra mushrooms I added to my spaghetti sauce last night.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One,
      My blood had to adjust quickly. I love mushrooms in spaghetti, the way my mother always made spaghetti.

      Delete
  3. I heard you all got a lot of snow In Alabama, much more than we got here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was so nice to wake to snow this morning

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne,
      It is always nice to wake to snow. It's fun to watch snow at night. Of course, it is fun to watch it snow in the daytime!

      Delete
  5. I am envious of your snow. We have none here in my town in Ohio. Today was cold though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rachel,
      By noon, little was left. It was pretty while it lasted, but thankfully, it is gone. I think you may get more than I this winter. It was frigid here or seemed so after the heat this weekend.

      Delete
  6. Saute Mushrooms and Onions...yum... I could eat them by themselves as a meal. My mouth is watering just thinking of them..
    Phoebe x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Phoebe,
      I did eat them as my meal. I was so excited while they were on the stove that it was hard to wait until they were ready.

      Delete
  7. The Vidalias and mushrooms sound yummy! I love mushrooms.
    Speaking of pasta, my daughter's boyfriend made us his "famous" penne alla vodka this evening. I was politely enthusiastic, but I thought it was somewhat bland. But then, I am not a pasta lover anymore, and really don't care for tomato sauce. So I am hardly a good judge.
    But it WAS very nice to have him cook for us, of course. I did all the cleanup out of gratitude!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sue,
      It is always nice to have someone cook. Hopefully, he will cook for your daughter if they become serious.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...