Thursday, September 8, 2022

This and That--doctor, Sleep, Amazon, Ice Cream Cake

This will be short and sweet. I had the best experience ever at a doctor's office. Everyone was respectful, patient, and kind. You know how there might be one employee who is terse or does not like your questioning what they said, thinking you are opposing their words. Well, not here. 

My blood sugar dropped precipitously, and I was incoherent on some concepts. I insisted my gall bladder was below my waist and could not figure out what was wrong with what I said. The lab is usually not pleasant. I cannot sit on those molded plastic chairs that are off the floor for the ease of blood drawer. I do understand. But, I cannot sit with my feet off the floor and was ordered OUT of the wheelchair at one lab. Needless to say, I left without the blood draw. These women were so patient and kind, allowing me to sit on the walker. I cannot use the footrest on the high chairs because my knee will not bend back that far without pain. 

The woman who checked me out told me the same thing three times before I got it...lol. 

I have never had my blood sugar drop so during a doctor visit. They brought me all sorts of drinks that I would have had a reaction to, like throwing up or a possible allergic reaction. Of course, water is always good for me, but certainly won't help my blood sugar. Tommy ended up walking across grass, curbs and to a parking lot to get to a fountain drink. I was grateful. We brought nothing in the car as usual since we were less than five minutes from home. I learned my lesson! Bring juice and crackers everywhere. We usually do. 

My son knew I could not stand root beer or Dr. Pepper. When he bought a drink at the skating rink, he bought one or the other, knowing I could not drink it. I asked for a sip and had to spit it in the trash. Little stinker. So, I never asked for a sip of his drink again. Or, I asked first as to what he bought. 

After all this, for some reason I could not sleep Wednesday night. I usually just lie there, only turning to the other side occasionally. Wednesday, I tossed and turned and thrashed around and only slept for about two hours. Once, I had to get out of bed to unloosen my panties from their wedgie-hold on me. I cannot ever remember that happening. I was miserable all night long. 

Today, I received a mystery Amazon order. It was a mystery as to why I got what I did and why I did not get other items. I order one COQ10 and got two. One bottle was missing the plastic top. Both were very hot. Tommy had me order more needles for his insulin. I ordered five and got one box. 

Plus, there is no way to get anyone in the US, at least not after five o'clock. Every agent that spoke another language and English was not their native language was not intelligible. They also did not understand the words I spoke and mistook what I said. I am very unhappy with Amazon right now. 

Plus, I was told last week I had to go to UPS to return an order. Not doing that. 

I have decided I will not buy an ice cream cake of any size. I will bake brownies and have ice cream. I entirely missed my friend's birthday. Her birthday was Sept 7 and I thought it was the day after mine and on Sept 12. I feel terrible and apologized tonight. I need to get her a birthday gift that is large enough to be an apology. She will get brownies, too. So, that leaves someone with a birthday on the 12th that I am forgetting. 

Are you having problems with Amazon customer service? A witch in doctor office? 

15 comments:

  1. I do not order anything online, but have heard many, many people say that you do not return damaged items. They have all said Amazon will replace or send refund - but tell you to keep the damaged one. Hopefully you can get it resolved quickly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheryl,
      Some things they want back and sometimes they say to keep whatever, telling me to throw it out, donate it, or use it. This seems like new policy--no one who speaks English, no one at night, and no way to transfer a call to US. This is my job today, I suppose.

      Delete

  2. In the hospital with my second knee surgery, I didn't have a witch, but I sure had a "bass turd" of a physical therapist, lazy and creepy.He only worked with me twice, he was so inferior to the PT I had in the hospital with my first knee. She was so good. My daughter came to visit and he was all eyeballing her and talking with her a bit excessively, after she left, he was asking me about how old she was and about her tattoo! She has a tattoo of flowers on her shoulder, that the last few flowers show at the edge of a short sleeve tee. I told him her age and went on to talk about what a great guy her husband was, and how he made good money as a plumber and my two little grand kids. That was while we were practicing walking. Oh that PT guy was so inappropriate basically trying to get personal info on my daughter about her tattoo, I didn't mention the tattoo to him, just that she was happily married. I didn't speak rudely to him, just conversationally.

    We got back to the room.e told me that he wasn't releasing me to home, but to a rehabilitation place! My husband was there at the time. I asked the PT how he came to that decision. He said because I couldn't get out of the recliner chair there, by myself, and I had a hard time getting in and out of the hospital bed by myself. I did not have trouble getting out of the bed, but I did have trouble getting in because it was high, until one nurse finally made it much lower. I did fine walking with my walker. I told him I wasn't going into a rehabilitation place, because I have my house completely set up for knee surgery recovery from my first knee replacement surgery. I prefer to sleep in my recliner, because it is better for my neck and shoulder and knees. The seat is high enough to be able to get in and out of, if I can't do it without help, it has a lift feature, unlike the junk recliner in this room. Then my husband got into it with the guy, asking him what was his reason again for not releasing me to home. The guy repeated about the chair and the bed. Then my husband started getting hot under the collar because the PT was so haughty. He asked the guy if he hadn't heard what I had said about our home being set up for me to come home to. The PT guy still did not change his mind. My husband and I made up our minds that there was no reason for me to go to a rehabilitation place. I didn't have a ramp to get in the house yet at that time, so we had to make ambulance arrangements to bring me home. Then the doctor came in and I explained that I refuse to go into a rehabilitation place because I have everything set up for going home after knee surgery since I had already had a knee surgery done before. My husband would be home with me, and our insurance pays for a home physical therapist. My daughter is a nurse and will be checking in on me. I told the doctor that I wasn't trying to insult him, but I honestly thought I would recover better at home. Then I asked him if he was ok with it and if I could continue to be his patient, he said yes. My husband and I made arrangements for the ambulance that we were afraid wouldn't be covered under our insurance. It turned out it was. The emt guy who sat in the back area when I was riding home was so nice. I told him I was worried our insurance may not pay for the ride home. He said, whatever I write here in my notes as to whether you needed an ambulance is what makes the decision for the insurance company. And I am very sure they will pay for this ambulance ride. That really was a load off my mind. The insurance company did. The EMT was as kind as the hospital PT was unkind. They took me up the steps into my house and I was able to get right off the gurney and take the few steps to my recliner. My husband fixed me some soup and then I went to sleep for hours and hours. I needed a rest from the hospital.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. susie,
      Yikes! That was creepy. I had a guy doing xrays that looked like they had gotten the janitor in to do the pictures. And, he was not at all nice, hurting me and then being grumpy. It was the middle of the night, dark everywhere inside, and I never saw anyone else in the halls, so I was afraid of him.

      That is quite a story about your knee and trying to go home. Those hospital beds are hard to get off if they are too high. I tried to get off one and could not because it was too high. I felt silly after a nurse came to help me. My chair with the lift certainly helps. When I was in an ambulance, they did not strap me down either time, telling me the driver was a safe driver, safest they had. And, we are speeding along with no safety belts on.

      I am glad they reassured you they were the ones to determine whether insurance paid. That certainly took a load off your mind.

      That was really, really creepy about his interest in your daughter!

      Delete
  3. I have run into a few witches in my time at the doctor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kim,
      I just cringe when that happens and try to be nice and avoid them the next time.

      Delete
  4. I've not experienced any problems with Amazon although I do know some folk do! Having said that there is always a first time :)

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jan,
      Talking with people for whom English is not their first language is absolutely the worst for me. I can explain that in next post.

      Delete
  5. I only use Amazon chat for order issues. I find it very quick & efficient. And we always use UPS for returns. I love not having to re-pack or affix labels. I just bring the item in, they scan the QR code, & I'm out in <1 minute.

    I'm not an ice cream cake fan. I'll stick with chocolate cake. And most people forget to acknowledge my birthday as it's 1 week before Christmas 🤷🏼‍♀️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tiffany,
      I hate having to return things by taking a package someplace since getting into a business is very difficult and sometimes impossible for me. It would take me one minute to get out of the car and through the door. But, I am glad it works for you.

      Since I have never had an ice cream cake, I don't know. However, chocolate brownie that I make myself will work. My sister's birthday is the day after Christmas. One day, she told me that I was the only person who gave her a birthday gift. She was grateful. I would give you a gift.

      Delete
  6. In my neck of the woods we don't have to use UPS for Amazon returns. We can take them to my local Kohl's, UNWRAPPED, and just hand them the return paperwork. They scan it and and wave you on your way. Sooooooooo painless I can't tell you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sue,
      I don't want to have to go in some place, any place. I don't want to have to stand, stand in any line. They deliver it, so I want them to take it away. They always have.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...