Saturday, November 12, 2022

Saturday Kiss

 I had a $50 egift card for Belk's. And, this Hershey Kiss dish showed up everywhere on my laptop.  I have wanted one of these for twenty years. Well, it was regularly $20 and marked down to $8 at Belks.  This LINK will show you the site. I really wanted the red salt and pepper shaker, but they did not have one in the store. I would love all gift cards to be for Belk's. I love the store.

This candy dish needs Hershey's Kisses. I don't. I may put a battery-operated tealight in it. If that is not enough, I could put two or three tealights. Maybe it needs a string of fairy lights stuffed inside...blinking.  

Tommy woke at about 10 am and I had thankfully slept until 9 am, over 6 hours. I asked him about 11 am if he wanted to go to Belk's. He was agreeable, so I told him to spiffy up because I wanted him to go in for me. Unbelievably, he showered, shaved, and put on his SAS shoes. my my my

We left about noon and returned about 3 pm. I was exhausted from riding and sitting. Now, it is time to cook...lol. We really did lots in three hours.

Tommy filled up the car, picked up a prescription, ran into Publix as we passed to get celery. While we were in the area where Belks is located, we had lunch.

Every time I see Whataburger, we have just eaten, so today we needed a late lunch. Have you ever eaten there? The hamburgers were so huge I could barely finish and thought I might not be hungry for a week! I got my usual--lettuce only, tomato only, and cheese only. We both got the smallest drink and NO fries. The total was $17+. Tommy was shocked. We will not ever eat there again. If we do, I will have the child's burger so I will not get so much food! 

It became so late on Friday that I was in no mood for dicing onions and the celery was not the quality I wanted for dressing. I will put the other celery in with the turkey breast just for seasoning. The new celery I will chop tonight along with the onion. 

When we left, the temperature was about 47F. I think the high was supposed to be 52F, not sure. 

For dinner tonight, we will have taco soup and a cabbage salad. Like I said, it is finally cooling off here, much to my chagrin. 

It feels like Christmas Day with new sheets on the way and this beautiful red Kiss candy dish. Do you become elated at some mundane items you like? Have you ever seen this candy dish? Have you owned one? 


16 comments:

  1. It is a pretty dish and would look nice lighted. Makes for a nice holiday decoration - festive. Glad you are getting some things you want.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheryl,
      Thanks. I love it. I love red. I tried one battery-operated tea candle, and it is not enough. I need a few pretty things, and this cost me nothing.

      Delete
  2. The Whataburger Blue Cheese burger is great but it's a double patty one and only for a limited time(it was the special burger in Sept. when we moved here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. slugmama,
      Thanks. That's good to know. I love blue/bleu cheese, but I have never had it on a burger. We were pressed to order and had no time to peruse the menu.

      Delete
  3. Your red candy kiss candy holder is very pretty it would look pretty with a small bunch of those little lights that are battery powered that they have at the dollar store. The glass in the candy dish is patterned and I don't think the small battery pack in those little lights would show through.

    Your new flannel sheets are very pretty. I used to like flannel sheets. For me a regular top sheet with the flannel sheet over it was enough to take the place of a blanket and other bedcoversbut that was back when I was more hot natured. Now I am cold all of the time so I would probably need more than just the flannel sheet and a regular sheet. I had one set of flannel sheets that were great never pilled or anything. The other set developed little pills in the fabric and didn't feel as good as the smooth set.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. susie,
      Fairy light.
      I used a flannel sheet next to my body with the regular sheet on top for cover, just the opposite. Yes, back when I was hot natured. I have never had flannel sheets pill. However, someone heard me complain about needing another set of sheets and bought me $10 set of sheets from Dollar General. They started pilling at second wash. What a waste. Those sheets hurt to use.

      Delete
  4. Very pretty dish! It will look wonderful with the fairy lights. I like decorations that are generally winter-related rather than specifically Christmas-related. You can light that baby up for Valentines, too!

    Your sheets are lovely as well. DH would not object to floral sheets, but I buy plain LLBean flannel sheets. They are substantial and practical.

    I got my mom and dad their first set of flannel sheets ever. They loved them so much they used them year 'round. My mom said it felt better to get between the flannel sheets than the smooth "cold" cotton sheets.

    Come to think of it, I also got my folks their first 100% cotton sheets. I grew up with cotton/poly sheets, but treated myself to 100% cotton in my first rental. Now I detest polyester in bedsheets!

    Yes, i do get joy out of mundane things, if they are both beautiful and practical.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sue,
      I usually end up with as many wintery things as Christmas. I forgot it would be great for Valentine's Day.
      If I found plain, pink sheets, I would buy them. I heard a man in a store tell his wife he would not sleep on floral sheets. What a silly man.
      Flannel stays on my bed all summer. I agree her about the "cold" sheets. Same here, no more polyester!
      I once made a sofa pillow that pleased me so that I had to go in and look at it every few minutes all day long.

      Delete
  5. I have a candy dish similar, on a grass pedestal. I don't use it much but I get it out for the holidays.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, then you know how pretty it is in person. It is a holiday dish, at least for me.

      Delete
  6. I love to get into a bed with crisp, cool, cotton percale sheets. I have only slept in a bed with flannel sheets a couple of times. I think they would be good on a cold night. My bed is a Calif King. Unfortunately the selection in bedding is very limited in this size. I may consider getting a queen sized bed now that I am sleeping alone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Janet,
      I had percale and loved them. I also had a king, but now sleep on a full-size that is old, too old. Queen is what I want, too.

      Delete
  7. I have the clear version of that kisses bowl and love it, but I want a red one too.

    Sassybear

    https://idleeyesandadormy.com/

    ReplyDelete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...