Friday, February 24, 2023

Mug Cake

 Before people advised me what to do, I had already looked at all possibilities to fix my laptop brightness and color.  I tried again. Then, this morning I opened up the old, screaming laptop on the off chance that my vision had failed between laptops, I compared them and had Tommy look at the screen. He agreed about the sharpness and color. The old laptop had better color and sharpness. 

So, I called the guy and will get a new laptop. He said it was something that I forgot. So, that will happen when he gets one in. At least my vision is not the problem!

Thursday night, I slept well and awoke at 10:30 am. We went to The Pig with the express intent of getting an ad and left. I can and do look at them online, but it is so tedious. The electric carts there are left on the sidewalk, so if I can hobble to the cart, I am good. 

Oksana, the woman who cleans, called me today and asked if she could come on Sunday. She is so humble, asking for permission to work for free. And, to think I have had to beg people to come here and work for $18/hr even when they asked for $12/hr. Since I did not want anyone for 8 hours a day, I wanted them to be happy with their pay. 

Today, when we were out, it was drizzly on and off and very cold feeling and gloomy. Today's 50F and drizzle was cold after yesterday's 80F and dry and sunny.

I don't know whose blog I was reading, but the thought was ug cakes. When I first read about those, I was interested. But, when I realized how I would still have to get out all the ingredients for a cake and measure Tablespoons instead of cups, I was less interested. So, one day I had a sale chocolate cake mix. Then, I only had to put about a 1/2 cup of the cake mix in the mug. Then, I added milk, stirred, and microwaved. I don't remember how much milk, but it all worked out to be a hot, edible chocolate treat. Very tasty!

I asked Tommy if he had ever had a mug cake. I expected not. He said he seemed to remember having one. Then, he said, "Oh, yeah! Mississippi Mud Cake." I said, "Mug, mug, MUG until he understood. He is so funny sometimes. We had a good laugh. 

We brought in the Romaine from its daylight excursion. I am going to get grow lights so I can keep it indoors all the time. Keeping it on the front porch will just cause it to bolt sooner. I am looking at this BULB or this CLIP ON.  I am not sure of what I need to get and if there is something I should not get. Any opinions?

Have you ever made a mug cake with cake mix? Is that even a thing?

6 comments:

  1. I've made mug cake from scratch and not done a great job of it. There is actually mug cake mix available here but I've never bought it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. kylie,
      Oh, mug cake mix? It is probably expensive. Now, I will have to open a cake mix for a mug cake. But, we have a sweet here, so maybe next week.

      Delete
  2. I’ve had a mug cake before, but like you don’t enjoy getting all the ingredients out for one cake. But I really like your idea of using a cake mix. That is genius!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brlinda,
      It certainly was delicious and a lot less trouble than measuring all the ingredients. Thanks.

      Delete
  3. I've made a mug brownie a few times and they were good.

    ReplyDelete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...