Thursday, May 25, 2023

Favorite Food Missing

 The chicken and ground beef was not cooked. I am just too sick. No, Tommy cannot put it in the freezer. I would have meat juice all over the place. 

Today, I called the doctor and of course, the nurse returned my call ten minutes before closing. I can take a specimen into the office for testing. Another doctor gave me sterile specimen jars to bring to his office. So, I am all set. Tommy can walk it into the office. If she had called earlier today, I would be a day ahead of getting better. 

Today, I received two free Westinghouse LED bulbs. Yesterday, a pillow for lying with knees higher came, one I ordered, not free. It seems now someone has decided to put items where we don't have to struggle to retrieve them. The box with the pillow was on the porch next to the door. The lightbulbs were on the table. 

I finally sent off a birthday card and gift to a granddaughter and graduation gift to recent grad grandson. They are siblings.  I struggled to get those done. My writing was shaky. I almost sent the Amazon gift to myself when I ordered it. Tommy took cards to PO.

Without an afternoon nap, I took an unplanned nap tonight during The Seven Year Itch. What a great movie and I missed 30 minutes. Rats! 

My wildflowers are really blooming now. The millionbells have fully recovered and are multiplying. Both varieties were beaten into the dirt that one day and struggled to fully recover. 

Dinner: Tommy had Tommy had hotdog and fake hamburger--both without a bun, slaw. I had hotdog, chili, cheese, slaw. 

I must have a Red Delicious Apple every day. Mostly, I just eat half. But, Wednesday, I had a huge apple and decided to eat a third each day. Well, wouldn't you know, it was brown inside except for about a quarter inch. So, I just peeled it and ate peeling. We did not remember to get more apples while we were out. So, my eating pattern has been thrown off quite a bit. I feel peckish and all that will do is an apple. 

Is there any food you want to eat every day, a food that you do not usually do without? Oh, I also want banana every day, too. 

14 comments:

  1. I hope they figure out what is going on with you and get you to feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Belinda,
      Thanks so much. I do, too. I have felt awful for too long.

      Delete
  2. So sorry your sick and don't feel bad without a afternoon nap I went to bed at 8 last night!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vickie,
      Thanks. If I went to bed at 8 pm, I would be up at midnight and for the next few hours.

      Delete
  3. Hoping you feel better soon. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope the Dr. takes care of you before the long weekend, so you can spend it getting better instead of feeling worse.

    I don't "need" any particular food each day. The only thing I usually rely on is a cup of coffee, and I can even forgo that.

    I just bought some pink/yellow Million Bells. I hope to get them in the ground this weekend. Got a lot of plants to be repotted as well, including my meyer lemon tree. It is doing really well--sending out new leaves, blossoms--it even has 2 tiny lemons that are growing. The bees just love the blooms; I do, too because they smell so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sue,
      The specimen is at his office. Hopefully, he will give me something to knock whatever it is out soon.
      Of course, I am forgoing the apple, just yearning for it.
      I need to repot my lemon tree, too. Maybe some day I will feel better. I just cannot wait until I see blossom and then little lemons. It will be fun for me.
      Take care.

      Delete
  5. Oh to eat pasta in some form on a daily basis

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Urspo,
      If I am going to eat pasta, I delete bread. It is a shame to have to plan.

      Delete
  6. I used to like Red Delicious apples, but they always seem too mealy, even when they have just come into season. I haven't had a vibrant, crisp Red Delicious in years and years. I think they've been overbred or something.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sue,
      I figured it out. They put them out in the order received from the supplier who sends out the oldest and mealier ones. So, they are always old apples since last fall's crop may be sent to the store in September before the new crop. I know how to find a crisp one and taught Tommy. He is really annoyed at how many apples he has to pick up.

      Delete
  7. I would love to learn your method to finding a crisp red delicious in the store! Tell us, please!

    ReplyDelete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...