Friday, May 26, 2023

Friday

 I do not have a uti! But, I do have an antibiotic. This ailment must be a sinus infection. Did I say that Tommy took the specimen to my doctor? 

Today, Tommy resolved his problem with the exorbitant price of his insulin. He transferred his prescription to Walgreen's and is charged $35 as opposed to $70 at Walmart. "Walmart's price is within Medicare guidelines." Th    at is just not right. 

I am encouraging him to transfer all his prescriptions to Walgreen. Walmart is about a 6-mile round trip while Walgreen is a 1-mile round trip. 

While we made the short trip for his insulin, he asked me if I wanted to go home and eat out of the refrigerator or get something to eat while we were out. When I said just go look in the refrigerator, he said okay. That was nice of him to think maybe I wanted something else. He went in the grocery store to get me apples and brought back a chicken breast. Tonight, I want nothing yet, but he found a cooked breast for me. 

We were supposed to meet someone in Cullman on Saturday, but I called and cancelled. 

Okay, he has a piece of sugarless blueberry pie. When he finishes his, I will get him to bring me some pie. 

I don't understand how I can be so ill and have so few upper respiratory symptoms. But, I have to go.

Corn and blueberry pie is a good enough dinner. 


10 comments:

  1. I’m glad you have an antibiotic to clear up your ailment. I can’t believe Walmart is charging $70 for insulin! Hopefully, when people start leaving Walmart pharmacy to get the $35 price at other pharmacies, Walmart will lower their price.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Belinda,
      It has something to do with following rules that Walgreen's does not have to follow. Now, he has plans to transfer all his meds to Walgreen's. Maybe I am getting better since I cannot sleep.

      Delete
  2. So you went to the doctor thinking you had a UTI but instead the doctor gave you an antibiotic maybe for a sinus infection?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, you said Tommy "brought the specimen" to the doctor, so it appears that the doctor never even examined you. Never in a million years would my doctor (without laying eyes on me) say "hmm, it's not a UTI, must be a sinus infection" and then prescribe an antibiotic.

      Delete
    2. Bobbie,
      It seems you never heard of tele-med during the pandemic. The conversation was extended. You presume what my doctor said.

      Delete
  3. I don't quite understand how some pharmacies can charge more than the capped $35/month for insulin which was signed into law. I went to pick up my DH's insulin, and was charged $70 for one month's supply, so I refused to take it--DH called, and the pharmacy said they would make an adjustment, which they did. I'm sure they had some cock and bull story about why they overcharged, but I wasn't interested. It shouldn't be this difficult to pick up prescriptions, and what particularly disturbs me, is that the overcharges seem to me to be almost deliberately predatory in regards to seniors. Honestly, sometimes I don't have the wherewithal to dispute them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meg,
      The reason is so convoluted as to why they charge $70 is so convoluted that Tommy has to keep explaining it to me. I will ask him and tell you. I don't have the wherewithal to keep listening and remembering the reason. I suppose drug companies and pharmacies figures seniors need the drugs to live and we are easily worn down, just buy it and leave. However, I won't.

      Delete
  4. It angers me so that insulin is so $$$ which is pure greed and power of the companies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Urspo,
      And, now that the price is lower for him and others, it seems drugstores can charge what they please.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...