Thursday, June 15, 2023

Tommy Shops

 Tommy went into The Pig today with the list I made from both our circling the ads. He bought a pork butt, Ronco Spaghetti that was on sale for $0.78 for 8 oz, bananas, Doritos and Cheetos. The last was his idea. When all was said and done, Pig adds 10%. 

There was not much at Publix that excited either of us. So, that was all the shopping. We went to the park and looked at the blueberries to see how they were doing. Fine. 

I took a nap and we put on chicken, carrots, and broccoli for dinner. Of course, it all went into a cooking bag. Tommy had something else, too. 

THEN, we watched four movies, from 7 pm until 3 am. None had commercials, so no good break for the bathroom. We even missed the nightly news! 

Guess Who's Coming to Dinner

The Lion in Winter

On Golden Pond

Morning Glory

All were Katherine Hepburn films. She won an Academy Award for all four. I saw the first one when it came out and had not seen the last three on the list. 

As you can see, nothing much happened today. Well, we did look over the flowers blooming outside the house. 

Do you go outside for the express purpose of seeing what flower is blooming?

Do you have a store that ads 10% to price in ads and on shelf? The deal is that we get groceries at their cost plus 10%, That is what the ad says. 


12 comments:

  1. We do have a store that adds 10% to the posted price. Sometimes the final price is better than other stores, sometimes not.

    Hubby and I sit on the back porch drinking coffee in the morning, listening to the sounds of running water (it's a water feature in our koi pond) and do our bible reading. Not many flowers blooming out that way, but it is nice to be outside. In the evenings, we sit on the front porch and enjoy the flowers in the landscaping and hanging baskets on the porch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alice,
      That +10% pricing is tricky. I wish they would just put a price and let it be.
      It sounds pleasant on your front and back porch. Both sound soothing. I would love to have any porch. Tommy's front porch is not deep enough to sit safely.

      Delete
    2. That is a shame. I'm in an office all day at work so I really enjoy the time outside.

      Our front porch is maybe 6 x 15. We have two rocking chairs and a bench seat. The back porch is 8 feet wide and the length is almost the entire length of the house, with a 24x16 deck out to the pool. It's a great gathering place!

      Delete
    3. Alice,
      I sit where I can see flowers outside all day. I deliberately hung them on shepherd's hooks where I can see them.
      Tommy's porch is quite wide, just not deep. I could sit there, but am afraid I will stumble forward and plunge off three feet to the ground. Your back does sound like a great gathering place. The front and side porches at my house were great for sitting. And, I had a great yard with two swings, four tables and chairs, two benches, and a picnic table.

      Delete
  2. I need to try cooking chicken in a bag with veggies. I know you probably don't use a recipe, but can you give me instructions? (as someone who needs instructions!) LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. My Pig is different. It is not a cost plus 10

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder if the prices just have the extra anyway, just not expressed as cost plus ten percent. It would be interesting to compare the prices. Thanks.

      Delete
  4. Son2 loved Golden Pond. I don't watch movies much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chef,
      I loved On Golden Pond, too. I could watch movies all day. Of course, I have never watched movies as long as I did that day.

      Delete
  5. I can recite The Lion in Winter almost word for word - and I do on occasion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Urspo,
      I loved it. But, I cannot recite it. You must really love it.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...