Friday, September 1, 2023

BOGOs and Groceries

 All this was bought over three days but not consecutive days. I did not have my list, was tired, could not find some items, and just came home, knowing it would be there another day. Besides, it is hard on Tommy bringing all this food inside. He has a ramp, but he has to lift his walker straight up about 8 inches to the living room at the front door.

Red Delicious apples

2 pkgs. yellow squash, less $1

matchstick carrots for Tommy's salad and my tuna salad

Arnold's Keto bread

Publix raisin bran

salted butter

red potatoes

Gallon milk

Dasani 24 pack

Diet pepsi b2g2

Ruffles and Dorito b2g1

Rice Chex bogo

Martha White wildberry muffin mix bogo

Red Delicious apples

bananas

Roma tomatoes

cut watermelon bowl bogo

zucchini 

ziplock pint freezer bags

Dr Pepper b2g2

I know I bought apples after Tommy did. He told me, giving me an apple, that this was the last apple. Well, I bought more. It did not register than he said the last of the older apples, meaning that the newer ones were the ones left. Oh well, I will not waste them.

The Martha White muffin mixes are only for two muffins. I put almost a cup of blueberries into the mix that already has blueberries or apples made to taste like blueberries. Then, I put it in a brownie pan and we slice it. It works. These were $0.79 each. In the cold weather they are good on a cool and damp night. By the way, 'wildberry' is just blueberry and strawberry. 

Some items I bought had an additional $1 off. I am really tired and rushing to get this done. 

Yes, we bought a lot of drinks for Tommy. He drinks a lot, too much. 

Tonight, there was a large helping of the zucchini/tomato casserole. Tommy did not want the cheese and bread. I would have shared it with Tommy. He said he would just pick out the zucchini, tomatoes, and onions. Well, I was not having him dig out what he wanted. So, I suggested he just microwave the zucchini and onions, sliced and refrigerated. He did and his dinner was ham, zucchini, onions, applesauce. I had the rest of the zucchini casserole and a tiny chicken tender. Later, I will have an apple and something else, not sure. 


4 comments:

  1. Sometimes I want to lecture Mr. Tommy severely about being such a a picky eater esp. when something is made for him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is frustrating for me. I am sometimes picky with my allergies, but I am the one cooking.

      Delete
    2. This is what's for dinner (I hear my mom say) eat it or nothing.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...